Menu
Harryn9000
On our wavelength
Message 61 of 122
Flag for a moderator

Re: upgrade to VVIP from VIP?

brill thanks aaron i'll ring tomorrow i'll ask for FMC. i usually ring rententions for deals to be fair
Aaron2
Dialled in
Message 62 of 122
Flag for a moderator

@Harryn9000 wrote:
brill thanks aaron i'll ring tomorrow i'll ask for FMC. i usually ring rententions for deals to be fair

FMC is 100% guarantee on getting the right info as currently not all teams have the V.VIP upgrade training due to needing access to the mobile billing side of things, and some agents unfortunately just understand. In this case, FMC is best bet.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
reddev
Tuning in
Message 63 of 122
Flag for a moderator

I used the live chat which took me through to sales. As soon as I mentioned VVIP, the agent transferred me to another department, and that guy seemed to know exactly what he was talking about. Maybe he had just been trained on it. I was already out of contract though - I'm not sure if that makes any difference.

10 mins later, after answering the usual security questions, my upgrade order was placed. An engineer was out on Saturday to fit my 2nd V6 box, and my unlimited SIM also arrived. I got the phone line (VOIP through the hub, which i'll rarely use) set up too. Getting about 70Meg on the 4G SIM, and about 520Meg on the Vivid 500. My number port will complete on Wednesday because of the bank holiday.

I'll save around £35 per month on VVIP, as I was already paying £135 per month for all of these services seperately through 3 different providers. It was a no brainer for me!

I guess I got pretty lucky Smiley Happy
Harryn9000
On our wavelength
Message 64 of 122
Flag for a moderator

mine all done this morning for same price as i'm currently paying for old vip bundle. so just waiting for sim and speed to be done
0 Kudos
Highlighted
philipputson
On our wavelength
Message 65 of 122
Flag for a moderator

I tried again. without luck. asked to be put through the fmc team and quite frankly got refused to do so.
First the agent said they not upgrading my area. (I know the speed will be limited to 350mb).
Then she said there are too busy.
I then tried live chat as some people had luck through that. They said to ring customer services.

How did you actually speak to someone who knows how to upgrade?

0 Kudos
brooksy79
Fibre optic
Message 66 of 122
Flag for a moderator

*UPDATE* Hub 3 rebooted early this morning around 12.30, a little inconvenient as i was on xbox live but that was to be expected so hey ho.

In the hub 3 downstream settings is now at lest 500Mb

Max Traffic Rate575000000

But with loads of speed testing with both iphone and laptop both wired and wireless i'm unable to reach over 200Mb .... that's something im trying to figure out.

and sim will be with me in 3 days.

0 Kudos
andyggow2010
Joining in
Message 67 of 122
Flag for a moderator

Well I would get virgin media out as the minimum you should get by Ofcom is 280 or 380 cant remember which one 

0 Kudos
brooksy79
Fibre optic
Message 68 of 122
Flag for a moderator

But than why as other people on v.vip package reached over 500Mb Personally I think it’s my asus router... still testing
0 Kudos
Harryn9000
On our wavelength
Message 69 of 122
Flag for a moderator

i got 270mb on wifi with my macbook on the 500mb. ethernet is probably more but can't test as no ethernet socket on macbook 

0 Kudos
brooksy79
Fibre optic
Message 70 of 122
Flag for a moderator

Wow apple have taken that away as well have they... didn’t know that
0 Kudos