cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unusable internet past 4 days - cb1

wackydude1234
Fibre optic

my gigabit internet has been unusable the last 4 days, currently at 1:30am getting 0.15mbps upload, I can't use it like this.

unknown

Real speed SAM won't even register any upload speed and then crashes. 

unknown

unknown

While the download isn't too bad (despite being 10x slower than advertised, the upload is so slow that it just prevents pages from loading. Websites take up to half a minute to even load.

I called the automated phone line and there's apparently a complex issue that needs to be fixed by engineers, can someone explain what this complex issue is and how I go about getting compensated for unusable internet.

My Broadband Ping - test

10 years of disappointment ^
59 REPLIES 59

Virgin Media handle the ofcom complaint, OFCOM 

I'm waiting for virgin to get back to me but i'll also look into that thank you.

My Broadband Ping - test

no problem at all, keep me updated how you get on, the VM forum team should answer here within a few days.

They've sent me two messages so far, for some reason they missed the part where I said i was the account holder while giving them the details they asked for so they asked again >.> so waiting for them to reply to me telling them that yes I am the account holder that pays for this service, but I guess since it's the weekend they won't reply till monday

My Broadband Ping - test

Hi there @wackydude1234, apologies for the delay in anyone getting back to you.

Your message will be picked up asap.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

It's tuesday now and still no reply to the message that I replied to on friday.. and packets being dropped again

My Broadband Ping - test

Everyone is getting packets being dropped today but for the most part your BQM looks good
---------------------------------------------------------------

sure but it's been happening for weeks and also it was even worse back when I started this thread I was losing connection entirely at times but i hadn't set up think broadbands monitor

My Broadband Ping - test

Hi wackydude1234,

Apologies for the late reply. We have now responded to your private message. We have run further test on the system this morning and all the results look promising form our end. Your speeds look good, and no disconnections were detected.

Please respond back to me once you have read your message and if needed we can get an engineer arranged.

Kind regards Jodi. 

wackydude1234
Fibre optic

Virgin sent me a DM saying they can't see any disconnections in the past week, but what they don't see is all the times I get my connection cut from games and streaming services etc like this 

zSSSf2t

A lot of my socializing is done online with friends and with the packet loss as high as 15% like it is again tonight this is really ruining things for me.

8JmxTU5

My Broadband Ping - test