cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unusable internet past 4 days - cb1

wackydude1234
Fibre optic

my gigabit internet has been unusable the last 4 days, currently at 1:30am getting 0.15mbps upload, I can't use it like this.

unknown

Real speed SAM won't even register any upload speed and then crashes. 

unknown

unknown

While the download isn't too bad (despite being 10x slower than advertised, the upload is so slow that it just prevents pages from loading. Websites take up to half a minute to even load.

I called the automated phone line and there's apparently a complex issue that needs to be fixed by engineers, can someone explain what this complex issue is and how I go about getting compensated for unusable internet.

My Broadband Ping - test

10 years of disappointment ^
59 REPLIES 59

wackydude1234
Fibre optic

and once again my internet has entirely dropped and i'm back to using my mobile data

My Broadband Ping - test

Internet entirely cut out again, it came back but its unusable, none of my smart home products respond and I can't load web pages 

803fb4ed2346c5fe8cc7cf88d6a21b1b5bd131b3.png

My Broadband Ping - test

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As you already know from VM there is a fault, you will just have to wait until it's fixed.

If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up.  However they will not discuss account compensation on this public Forum.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The thing is the virgin Internet status page claims there is no issue 

My Broadband Ping - test

Hi @wackydude1234

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I'm going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information and investigate further, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I've responded, just gotten home from work and dropping packets again!

My Broadband Ping - test

HI,

Refer to my thread Here with a full update on the situation

Thanks I appreciate it, though that makes me a little more than unhappy 😞

My Broadband Ping - test

I totally get what your saying, I suggest you put in an ofcom complaint as Virgin Media will be required to act on the problem within 30 days or let you leave your contract for another provider.