cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

t3 timeouts

RockerSBM
Fibre optic

Hi

Can anyone tell me why t3 pop up on they upstream bit but dont show up on the error logs? im getting more t3 on the upstream bit but they dont show on the error logs when another shows up!

295 REPLIES 295

Hi toffee

well they guy came today did nothing again they just send tech out for no reason! i dont get why they dont change a few things in the cab to eliminate stuff from being faulty! virgin media is unreal! ofcom and complaintsdepartment i think it is! this has being doing this since i moved into here and got virgin media! thats was in 2016! had loads of techs out no one sorted it!

Unless someone properly investigates it, that issue isn't going away.

If your neighbours are impacted, it's going to be the cab or the rest of the network.

As I said before mate, there's definitely a problem but they're either not looking hard enough, or don't think it's worth the hassle because they have bigger fish to fry.

VM have no excuse, every part is their property. The Superhub is their property, the coax is their property, the cab is, the amps are, optical nodes, head end, etc. All their responsibility.

Hopefully at some point you can move to actual fibre and all this will be a memory.

Hi toffee

Yeah I was work when he came said he was going to check the cab but nothing gone off or anything from my graph but I know it's networks cos virgin is only on one side of my road other hasn't got and like I said the one tech guy that came out said he been to this one guy saying what I was saying down the road. 

I saw city fibre today in Barnsley they dug the road up within 2 weeks filled top end up already working on bottom half! That was fast! Problem with virgin is they don't look after the cabs or check them out I've had this problem since moving in here yet it's not been sorted I know it's not a big deal but when I do get on to game and does it it's a annoying! 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us @RockerSBM 

Are you able to post an up to date BQM so we can look further into it? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi toffee

my graph today loads of red at the top. bet this is why headsets on xbox cut out when talking or others talking to me.

toffee can i ask you when i turn hub off and on you can see the red line with yellow big spike yes? that not normal is it? some guy on here was saying cos al my internet things was connecting this is wrong isnt it! never seen anyones elses tbb graph do this! this does it every time turn off and on! if i get into a online game just b4 that red line and yellow spike comes and im playing it lags me.

also i want to ask you about the upstream channels why its not connecting to like the channel right why isnt it locking on like 25800000 but locking on to 25800086 or something like that? with out turning the hub off they do move to the 00000 eventually.

zak ive told you guys that since they moved me on the tap a few times now im not getting a red line down the graph to show when it happens you have to look back on older posts to see it before it used to reboot hub thats stopped too now all i get when it happens is the error and noise on the downstream.

10/04/2021 10:46:23Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

you guys know what RCS partial service means?

RockerSBM_0-1618598854859.png

If you're literally turning the SH off and on again, it shouldn't take that long. For example see my graph, this was where I was messing with power for several minutes. You can see how it fairly quickly reboots and reconnects. It looks like your outage is around 10-15 mins?

power.png

Admittedly I can't remember if the SH3 is slower to reboot than the SH4, but to me that looks like it's struggling to connect.

As for the SH3 seemingly locking on to a different frequency, I wouldn't say for certain since I'm not 100% versed in DOCSIS. If it was Wi-Fi / ODFM that would seem to suggest that the carrier frequency has been shifted because it uses certain carriers to detect the channel and doesn't use them for data transmission.

Makes me wonder if RF reflections are causing the carrier frequency to be shifted so it locks on to the (slightly) wrong frequency. That might also explain the noise issue.

Hi toffee 

No I mean when you see the big red line where I turn the hub off but once it's back on after like 5 mins can you see that big yellow spike and a little red line on my graph? That does it every time I turn hub off and back on and if I get into a online game it lags me I've tried it a few times to see if it does. I have never seen anyones elses graph on here do that to me that's sign of the problem too. 

I ask the techs if that's the problem about the upstream not locking on right but they all say it's ok I don't know because I only know so much but I don't think they know for sure to. 

Do you see all the red at top of my graph all a long it too? 

Hi All

power levels gone up! Qam at 32 tech telling me qam cant drop and other one saying it hasnt dropped! i beg to differ.

hey virgin if you check it now youll see it

Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) Symbol Rate (ksps) Modulation Channel ID

14620009744.5512064 qam1
22580000044512032 qam4
33260000045512032 qam3
43940006344.5512064 qam2

Upstream bonded channels

Channel Channel Type T1 Timeouts T2 Timeouts T3 Timeouts T4 Timeouts

1ATDMA0010
2ATDMA0000
3ATDMA0000
4ATDMA0000

RockerSBM_0-1618656060423.png

Hi toffee

just applied to city fibre for a job where they train you up! Has virgin doesnt want people who know what they doing to join them! oh well they be struggling later when its city fibre vs bt in the fibre race! 

Ah I get what you mean now. Nope, not seen anything like that, very odd.

The general packet loss you're getting, yeah, that's going to be abysmal for gaming or voice.

Good luck with the City Fibre application, hopefully you can get your area done a bit quicker! And at least City Fibre are forcing Openreach to adopt XGS PON. The joys of competition.