broomiegal
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

speeds have dropped

Internet fine a few hours ago, suddenly dropped to around 20 rather than 220

Have 2 lan ports, both result in same low speeds

Reset router a couple of times and then called 150

Very unhelpful and tried to blame hardware and wanted to transfer me to gadget help, there's nothing wrong with the hardware.

Any way to speak to someone in the UK that can actually help with this?

0 Kudos
broomiegal
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: speeds have dropped

Back to normal now, funny that.

Feel free to delete thread.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You can never expect to get your upto speed all the time.

0 Kudos
Wezza
Up to speed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have the very same problem very rude Pakistani sales people and sarky line manger who you cannot understand and they do not understand what you are telling them so they get all sarky with you, Virgin are just full of excuses I'm paying for vivid 100 Optical Fibre and only pulling 71 megs so I'm bacisly paying for something each month I'm not getting but according them on the phone its ok pay yer money and lump it, Just full excuses like too near router, Then too far away from the router then use the yellow cable to connect my MacBook to the internet, Then my smart tv upstairs is just buffer buffer so then they blame a brand new tv for not working right and don't help me ! 

Then they tell me to move my router but only one phone socket downstairs utter useless so if you was on vivid 50 you would only get say 25meg, Full speed for the first month because your a new member then turn it down, And the phone line you use it is utter rubbish no help you cannot hear them just all the shouting in the background I think they need to retrain all the monkeys on the phones, I have only been with virgin 4 months and I'm thinking about ending my contract with them !

"Pay Peanuts You Get Monkeys"
0 Kudos