cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow wired connection

Higgy89
Joining in

I have the M600 package, the router is currently set up downstairs and i have a powerline adapter to my gaming PC on the first floor and I am getting speeds of 70MBPS at best, I have spoken to technical support and they have told me there is nothing they can do other than send me a booster out which is for WI-FI, and log this with OFCOM. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to test speed via a direct cabled connection.  Powerline adapters are notorious for poor performance.  Wifi tests are not acceptable either, so you should get a long ethernet Cat6 cable and setup a temporary connection for testing between the Hub and your PC.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to test speed via a direct cabled connection.  Powerline adapters are notorious for poor performance.  Wifi tests are not acceptable either, so you should get a long ethernet Cat6 cable and setup a temporary connection for testing between the Hub and your PC.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

hi, thanks for the help I will try this tomorrow and see how I get on if this still doesn't work ill be back on here again  

ok so I connected the PC directly to the hub this morning and the speeds are there, the fault is the powerline adapter, thank you for your help 

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Higgy89,

Thanks for getting back to us, and a very warm welcome to the Community Forum!

I'm glad that our Community Members have been able to help with this issue - if you need any further support, please don't hesitate to let us know, and we will try our best to help!

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

Hi Laurie,

the community members are great it solved my problem rapid, better than technical on the phone, wont waste my time ringing them again. ill come straight on here.

thanks guys