Menu
timneedshelp
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

slow speeds

29/01/2019

Dear Sir or Madam,

On 06 / 07 / 2018 I contracted with you for vivid 200 optical fibre.

I entered into the contract on the basis of being provided with estimated speeds of 200Mbps. In practice I’m only achieving speeds of 12Mbps.

I have called a number of times and queried the speeds and told I need to connect with an ether net cable which I don't have but I am right next to the super hub. I have reset the hub and checked with virgin speed test and which speed test and am only getting 12 mb while paying for 200 mb. I have already have boosters which I payed for. I have now been told they cant do anything about my speed. I have checked my contrant and it does not have a minimuim gteed speed

I am formally notifying you of this poor service and expect you to resolve it within 14 days. If you are unable to do so, I consider you in breach of contract and will be writing to request I leave my contract immediately and without penalty as outlined in Ofcom’s Code of Practice, or a considerable discount

Yours faithfully,

timneedshelp

jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: slow speeds

The speed you are paying for is the speed delivered to the modem. That's how all the service providers work. You should be able to receive that speed with a suitable device wired to the hub. 

If you are using a WiFi connection there are many factors that affect the speed you receive. These are outside the control of the service provider.

There are however many things you can do to improve your WiFi connection, and there are resources on this website to assist you. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you think that you have a BB speed problem, then to check the speeds coming in to your Hub properly, which is what VM are providing, you need to do the test below first.   Any other test you are doing is invalid and worthless in any exit negotiations.  If they send a technician to investigate your issue s/he will do essentially this.

Make sure your device has a gigabit network card with up to date drivers.  Use a new Cat6a ethernet cable to connect it to the Hub - which you have put into modem mode (to ensure only your device is connected).  Then boot up your device into "safe mode" (to disable any software on it that could be limiting speeds) and run the test at speedtest.net on 2 different browsers one of which is a fresh download (e.g. Opera?)

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just to add that this forum is mainly followed by users who try to help with technical problems. Virgin Media staff do look in from time to time but if you want to serve a formal notice on VM you will have to do it in writing.

0 Kudos