Menu
theghost
Tuning in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

slow speed

just wondering WHY when I on the gamer package that I never get any were near my 200 down.

even in the papers today they state the crap ( sorry for that ) Virgin is bad

it now 21:49pm and download about 89 MBPS. if I check on service update I ge tthis

Your service

09:40 pm on Thu 23 Nov

We're trying to sort it out for you
In about 10 minutes we should have finished, so take a break and then restart your equipment and check to see if all is well. If there's still a problem, please get in touch with us

WHAT a load of rubbish it been like that for months even had a refund a few months back for the service but now it getting worse, some times during the day it has been down to 32 meg but why when I paying a lot extra for the gaming package  SHAME ON YOU VIRGIN
MAYBE TIME TO SEND ANOTHER EMAIL TO   Tom Mockeridge   

[MOD EDIT: Removed personal information]
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: slow speed

Sorry to hear this theghost,

What type of connection are you currently testing? Hardwired/wireless?

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
theghost
Tuning in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Dear Nat_J.

I always do wired speedtests as my I have my pc in a dedicated room for my things its also well 3ft from  the router. 

The thing is  the speed can be great sometimes during the day other times rubbish it is as if I am being throttled at peak times I have noticed at around

22-00 it just jumps back to correct speed. I have just run a sped test Ookla 9-27am and speed it perfect ping to Edinburgh 19ms, 216.84Mbps down, 21Mbps up. So I it looking good  But come late afternoon it suddenly drops. If I get a chance I will add another speed test later toady.

as stated on original post I had the same a few months back they blamed it on a  fault 

Thank you for the reply. 

0 Kudos
theghost
Tuning in
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

dear Nat_J

I was called away from home so I could not do a speetest  late yesterday but here is one from tonight 19-37pm 

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6838892382 exactly to same place Edinburgh

ping 20Ms, Download a abysmal 51.89Mbps but upload is good 20.96Mpbs

So  defiantly  something wrong or you throttle people even tho you say you don't 

51 meg down when I pay fro 200 on the gamers package WHY ?

0 Kudos
theghost
Tuning in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Dear  Nat_J

Saturday evening 22-53 pm just done another speed test to Edinburgh the distance is 128  miles by road but your service must go around the world to get there, our is your company throttling me. even though your company say they do not.

Also you replied to my first comment  but now you seen to overlook my replies 

here is the result of my sped test again

19Ms ping. download a total rubbish for time of day a measly 64.86Mbps. upload is totally fine at the speed of 20.91Mbps

So can you please explain why you are restricting MY download speed

I have ran your self diagnostic tool which says nothing wrong Ehh you having a laugh at your customers 

Also  

He edited my original post SO WHY HE NOT HELP. I know you are busy but it so sad no reply 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hello theghost, 

Thanks for keeping in touch Smiley Happy

Do you notice any changes if you test with your Hub in Modem Mode?

Thanks for your patience while we diagnose this. 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
theghost
Tuning in
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

been away but it getting worse last few days sick of getting disconnected when playing online game I have put it into modem mode as requested and monitoring it But don't I loose wifi connections for my phone etc. My pc is wired directly to router and it only on t cat 6 cable 2 mtrs from th erouter

0 Kudos
theghost
Tuning in
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

DEAR HEATHER.

I tried modem mode for over 3 hrs  and it made the game totally unplayable continuous game interrupts ping goes to 999 from 47 absolutely rubbish

I will be phoning in to drop my package as it a total waste of time paying for a upgrade that is rubbish. what have found out as you said you were checking my services ? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hello theghost

I wonder what it could be as area traffic is actually quite low, we do not throttle or manage download speed by the way. The line and connection parameters are looking good. You mentioned that when testing you used the Edinburgh server, is that your default, if not we would recommend leaving the default server as this will normally remain on our network. Checking your Virgin Media broadband performance

When Heather mentioned modem only mode I believe she meant to measure your speed please.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
theghost
Tuning in
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Dear Heather 

Looks like your company DO NOT PASS INFORMATION ON TO YOUR TEAM.

As I had an engineer call Monday he said there is a fault in the area. He also said don't know why you say what you say ask the Engineers,  WE know what is going on. So who do I believe or maybe there is a fault. He said it should be fixed sometime in late January.

It is still happening I still paying full payment for something that is not correct 

0 Kudos