cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow speed due to damaged cable - No Help option

markmunday
Tuning in

Hi All 

Im having some work done on our drive and the main cable has been damaged.  I still have internet but at a slower speed but as I still have internet the system doesn't seem to want me to raise a fault case. 

how do I arrange for the cable to be swapped as I don't think it can be repaired as the damage is just as it comes out of the ducting in the path. 

Thanks Mark, 

7 REPLIES 7

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Phone in, choose options for upgrading my package, and ask for a non-fault call out.  It'll cost you a fixed price £25, which in most circumstances has to be seen as bargain.  

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Markmunday, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 🙂 

I am sorry to hear this was damaged, I can book this in for you if you do not mind the fee as mentioned by @Andrew-G, just let us know 🙂 

Zoie

well as it turns out.. I followed your advice.. slightly different options but I got through.. and the best bit.

I spent an hour of the phone waiting ............................................. and got cut off.. rather frustrated at Virgin if Im honest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@markmunday wrote:
well as it turns out.. I followed your advice.. slightly different options but I got through.. and the best bit.

I spent an hour of the phone waiting ............................................. and got cut off.. rather frustrated at Virgin if Im honest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take up @Zoie_P's offer and deal with it on here instead.

Hi Zoie 

that's totally acceptable that there is a charge for the new cable to be run to the property.  

Im happy with the £25 cost as I'll be charging the builders anyway 🙂 

Thanks Mark 

Hello @Zoie_P

How do I get a date booked for an engineer visit please

Thanks Mark

Hey @markmunday,

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about this on your online account by clicking My Account and Track Your Order.

Regards,

Steven_L