cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow ethernet 1gb + Hub4

JaKo4545
Joining in

Hi All,

Recently got Volt upgrade from 500mb to 1gb speed, and they sent a Hub 4 instead of the Hub3.

Now I tried to check speed but its very low and sure why. Wifi also not very strong but get around 430mb on my personal laptop close to the hub, but only 10mb upstairs in the rooms which is very low and was similar on the 500mb/hub3 combo before.

so i have a work laptop which is an older Dell, this connected to hub4 with ethernet gives around 150-170mb. similar with wifi connection close to hub4.

personal laptop is a better acer laptop, has no ethernet so used below linked adapter to connect to hub4, and it gives only 80-90mb speed.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08JGL51M4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

samknows speedtest showing on both laptop that hub4 receiving 1000-1100mb speed, but the device much lower.

tried an older cat5e cable and bought a new cat7 cable, both showing very similar results.

Any idea what is wrong that i cannot get the ethernet speed above 200mb o either laptop?actually would expect it to be close to 1000mb.

would this maxonar adapter cause the issue, as I have no other way to connect ethernet to the personal laptop as it has no ethernet port.

personal laptop giving around 430mb close to hub4 on wifi, is that the maximum I get as somewhere I read if the wifi adapter of the laptop is 866.7mb max speed i only will get half of that at best in speed, which would match the 430mb, but is that right?

what about ipads, iphones as i dont see higher than 430mb on wifi on those either from the hub4?

5 REPLIES 5

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JaKo4545,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having issues with your new hub. We can understand the current speeds are not ideal and we want to best help.

I have been able to access your account using forums details to further look into this issue. It appears there may be an issue with your hub's downstream power levels, that may be affecting your service. In this case, I have sent you a private message in order to book an engineer appointment for you. 

Please provide a response when you can,

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Check the link speed speed in windows is 1Gb and not 100Mb
---------------------------------------------------------------

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

In this case, please let me know how the appointment goes and if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

engineer booked for tomorrow, will give update how it goes.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @JaKo4545

Just wanted to pop past & ask how things went with the engineer? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M