Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

slow connection, speed test shows routing through nottingham, i live in sheffield?

Connecting to web sites (such as google search) seems to take a while, when I run a speed test it tells me i'm routed through Nottingham, though I live in Sheffield? when I select a Sheffield station I get (usually) faster speeds the ping value rises to 20mS from 14.though!;  I've seen my service drop to 85Mbs and experienced issues streaming when trying to watch programmes (constant buffering) dropped connections etc. yet i'm constantly informed that the service is fine, no known issues? it's all a bit rich considering how much the service is costing me, had this account since is was telewest /blue yonder!! 😞 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: slow connection, speed test shows routing through nottingham, i live in sheffield?

You’re not being “routed” through Nottingham it’s just connecting you to a speedtest server in Nottingham.

Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos