Menu
mugwump
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

rubbish broadband

prior to being "upgraded" to 200mbps I always got between  40 and 50 mbps and now nothing but rubbish had upgraded router etc its great for a few days then drops back down for the past week nothing higher than 9.22 !!

So why am I paying for a service that is becoming unreliable by the day if phone in get the usual rubbish try this try that which is bollox as I do all checks prior to calling  so a complete waste of time even get **bleep** from technicians  at least on sky I didn't have to put up with bull and bollox!

Please can someone explain why  this is? why am I sharing my broadband with other customers I have a daughter at uni who relies on the internet tonights speed 7.2 !!

I would like this sorted once and for all or Virgin can cancel my broadband I am not interested in excuses and NO I AM NOT PHONING you can put me back to 50 mbps as at least that worked never got anywhere near 200 anyway!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: rubbish broadband

Hello mugwump,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

I'm so sorry to hear that you're experiencing slow speeds, I completely understand this is frustrating.

I've just taken a look at your connection and I can see the reason for the speed reduction is due to a fault in your area. The fault ref is: F004031061 and it's currently due for review on the 14/6.

While this fault is on-going you might notice a speed reduction during peak time hours (evenings and weekends).

I know this isn't the best news so please accept my apologies. As for downgrading your package, I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) to discuss the options.

Speak with you very soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
mugwump
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: rubbish broadband

14th of June 2017 before Virgin re assess! What a rubbish service?
Hows that work then im paying for upto 200 mbps
Im not even getting 10 most nights when I was "limited" to 50 mbps at least it was stable at 40+
So why ( still hasnt been answered) please

My daughter is in final stages of her degree and most work and reading is online I chamged to virgin as better chance but as usual great service for around six months then virgin couldnt care less same as sky, bt, talk talk, plusnet et all !
0 Kudos
mugwump
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Speed STILL rubbish

So it'll be reconsidered, looked at, blah blah, plus arsey replies from staff! Although willing to drop my speed back to 50 Mbps, which was stable within 2 Mbps! Cut your noses the of 😂
So as everytime you get a new customer on the exchange box opposite me my speed goes haywire!
So how about moving me back up the panel where you put your newbies on then once you've got the hooked into new 12 month contract you can drop them down to the lower end of the BB speed frame?
Failing that
1) take me down to the new 100! ( Might get regular 50 Mbps won't hold my breath mind) offering upto 200 which has never been realised is a waste of my money
2) take off BT sports not needed
3) don't send cocky engineers out that think the punters are thick and will believe the **bleep** ( my fault I suppose I've grey hair )
Your most sincerely teed off with **bleep** !
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed STILL rubbish

Hi there mugwump, 

Sorry to hear about this. 

I've located your details and I'm unable to find any active faults relating to this at the moment. 

How have things been for you since posting?

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
mugwump
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed STILL rubbish

Probably because I gave up! Same old rubbish I get told!
0 Kudos