Menu
gurmeet1967
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

poor performance after i have given notice to cancel bb service to virgin:(:(:(

i have requested virgin to cancel my services and it will be over on 30th April, but since then it has become flaky, poor performance and so many disconnections, im still paying £38 for this monthSmiley Sad

could this be sorted please?????????????????????????????????

0 Kudos
chutwutt
Superfast
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: poor performance after i have given notice to cancel bb service to virgin:(:(:(

If you post some details more than that, im sure ppl can help you on here.

Buy if it was me, why waste your time if your leaving...

up2u.

0 Kudos
vircom
Super solver
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: poor performance after i have given notice to cancel bb service to virgin:(:(:(

It is almost certainly not intentional. It would be too much bother. Just call and report the fault.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Morning gurmeet1967,

Hope all is well. 

I'm sorry to learn you are leaving us and for the issues with the broadband connection.

Looking at your account, the line and hub are showing as fine. The network segment is running stable and healthy.

Do you notice the disconnections on both wired and wireless devices? 

Are you able to create a Broadband Quality Monitor for us to check the performance of your connection? If you do set up the BQM make sure that you go into your router settings > Advanced Settings > Ping > and tick Respond to ICMP echo requests sent to WAN IP.

Look forward to hearing from you 

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
gurmeet1967
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Smantha as always, i have setup the monitor as requested. 

But seriously i don't want to pay for this monthSmiley Sad, i have been resetting router daily (twice a day even) to get to internet. this is causing frustration and draining my energy. Sorry!!!

Regards, 

Gurmeet

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gurmeet,

Thanks for the reply.

I can only imagine how frustrating and annoying this must be for you.

If you can post the BQM graph after 24 - 48 hours for it to gain some data, we will check it over for you.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
gurmeet1967
Tuning in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

thanks, but there is no data colected yet. Do i need to add some IP?

0 Kudos
gurmeet1967
Tuning in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

still no graph/data collected!

0 Kudos
gurmeet1967
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam,

still no data collected!

please advise what IP should i add to start the test.

regards

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi gurmeet1967,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

When you create the BQM graph it should find the IP address automatically, if it doesn't you would need to enter the WAN IP address.

Also make sure that you have placed a tick to Respond to ICMP echo requests in the router settings.

Speak soon
Sam

0 Kudos