cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paying for 1 Gb but not getting

linny40
Superfast

Hi, i have been having trouble with my speeds for a long time. I upgraded to 1GB last March ( 2021)

after keep ringing and talking to different people across the globe & getting different answers I almost gave up.!!!

Today I eventually got through on the phone to someone to say my Upgrade was Still Pending??

My speeds have been around 200-300 on Ethernet, but for some reason much higher on my mobile.

I was told by 2 different Virgin staff that this was down to the upgrade still pending BUT I have been paying for 1 gb for a year.

They are now looking into it. But how can this be?

every time I have rang and complained I either get told I need the new WIFI pod? why as its Not my wifi but my Ethernet speed. Or I get told there is a problem in the area.

Why has it taken so long for someone to suddenly look into this and tell me its due to something "Pending" on the account?

Is there any chance I will get a refund for a service I started paying for last year, but Not received, due to it "pending" I was previously on 500m and with so many things now needing wifi that was just not good enough, so upgraded ( or so I thought ) to the 1GB....................... only to be told now I've not been getting it!!!

Can anyone help or advise?

75 REPLIES 75

few minutes later and i get

14 Ping

284.17 DL

26.66 UL

@linny40 wrote:
Hope this helps
I am still awaiting the guy to get back to me as to if he knows why its still pending installation

Router status

General Configuration

Network access
true
Maximum Number of CPEs
Baseline Privacy
true
DOCSIS Mode
Config file
cmreg-vmdg640-bbt076+voc-b.cm

Primary Downstream Service Flow

SFID
Max Traffic Rate
Max Traffic Burst
Min Traffic Rate

Primary Upstream Service Flow

SFID
Max Traffic Rate
Max Traffic Burst
Min Traffic Rate
Max Concatenated Burst
Scheduling Type
bestEffort

Your HUB is configured for 1Gbps.

What does this site show?

https://samknows.com/realspeed/

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @linny40, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

I do need to invite you into a PM so I can look into what's happened in a bit more detail, so please expect a PM to arrive shortly and respond when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @linny40, we're just going to take this back to the public thread due to what we've discussed privately.

As you know, there isn't anything wrong on our systems regarding the "pending upgrade", so this is something that isn't related to that.

Are you able to try the speed tests through SamKnows to see what this results in, as everything appears okay from our side?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Thanks will go to pc to check on mobile it’s showing very high & that is in a totally different part of the house 

also if the speed is not as it should be on my pc maybe I have the mesh system etc configured wrong?

22420579-B2CE-46DE-8088-B07D08E84606.png

well seems something is amiss somewhere as the speed from the Hub is very high, but the speed to Pc via Ethernet & wifi are low. Same as my mobile when I 1st looked I thought the 1st figure was the speed the Phone was getting but No is the speed going to the hub and the wifi is the lower one so in general with a Mesh system it looks like I've got a problem somewhere! EthernetEthernetWifiWifiSpeedtest EthernetSpeedtest Wifi

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

f60db82acb9510030d2cf396c5bfa087_its-fine-the-anthem-of-meme-everything-is-fine-fire_1280-720.jpeg

---------------------------------------------------------------

InkedInkedSpeedtest Ethernet_LI.jpgInkedInkedSpeedtest Wifi_LI.jpg

Hopefully these will show up now.

Yes great speeds to the Hub But Not to PC 😞  so something is wrong somewhere

I signed up for Ultimate Volt a few days ago and only on the 600Mbps speeds, despite the website clearly saying 1gig.

On whatsapp, they say "Yes, Mark. Currently we've mentioned the Gig1 plan on the website but we've temporarily stopped processing all the Gig1 orders due to a high demand." 

So you may want to double check your package details.

AS shown in some of the photos it allows above my Hub is getting the correct speed, it's just not getting from Hub to PC that seems to be the problem, If you use the SamKnows website it will show you the speed to your hub. Link is above in one of the posts, hope that helps you