Menu
Shari
Joining in
Message 11 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: oVery slow broadband

WOW so much info and so much way over my head. I have now stopped my PC (same room as Hub) from connecting automatically to both and just to 5G - speedtest results now 111. So (sorry trying to get it simple as possible for me, but I do appreciate you all sharing your wealth of knowledge but I do struggle with all this stuff) my moblie what should I do with that and the firestick (I have a pal who does everything regarding that for me) can I set that just to connect to one band?

I know you probably all sat there thinking oh **bleep** but I do appreciate all this I am just not good with info overload. I use my pc for surfing and uni work and I don't play games on any device so I am not hammering the wifi as it were. The firestick is the main issue and be good to be able to use it upstairs now and then.

Thanks again. Oh I will find an ethernet cable at some point there has to be one left somewhere!

0 Kudos
griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 12 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: oVery slow broadband

Don't worry, it will soon make sense, we all had to start at the beginning.

The PC is getting headline speed now, hope it stays stable.

What is the make and model of the Mobile Phone?

If it is an Android Phone you can download an app called WiFi Analyser which would help to resolve the firestick upstairs issue which looks like a range problem.

0 Kudos