Menu
alanely
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

not what i pay for

so we pay for 200mbs but last month it been getting more and more unstable and not working or never the speed i pay for Desktop Screenshot 2019.06.27 - 17.44.48.63.png

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: not what i pay for

Are you using a wired Ethernet connection to the VM hub or a wireless connection to test speeds? Wireless is easily disrupted by a number of external factors, so a wired test is the best way to get a true picture of what speed your line is able to achieve. It also helps to pinpoint if the issue is with the wireless or your line.

The image you posted contains your IP address so has been rejected to protect your privacy.  You can use one of the share options on the results page to create a link or image that shows your results without showing your IP, like this:

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
alanely
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

ok thank and i useing wifi dont have a ecabe i am siting next to the hub and it not just the speed every day it losing internet conecting to the hubfine but thats it i looked up the flash codes for the lights and it look like my hub is updating all the time

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

What you dont know is whether the internet network connection is dropping or whether your devices are just dropping off your wireless networks. Ypu can ONLY test that by plugging a gigabit enabled pc or laptop directly into the Hub with a Cat5e/6 ethernet cable and testing it in that way. If you dont have one do you have a friend or neighbour who has who will help you test it for a tea/coffee.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.