cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no docsis 3.1 channel locked on new 1gb install today

rotahn
On our wavelength

Hi all..

Installed the hub 4 today and am only getting 530mb ish down and 52mb up... so up is working fine.

looking at the network status it shows that it isn't locked to the docsis 3.1 channel only the 32 docsis 3.0 channels.

Can a mod please help me with this.  I ran the check on the website which said everythring is fine, which it clearly isnt.  I ran a speed test using myspeedcheck.net and the results are below, which are consistant no matter how many times i run it.

rotahn_0-1639349909032.png

rotahn_1-1639349935819.png

Thanks

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Broadband Ping - virgin
30 REPLIES 30

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@rotahn You have what I refer to as a CBU fault.  That's where something's evidently wrong, but VM go "errr....completely beyond us", and then there's stuff all progress, with the company completely unable to fix a problem, and the whole process becomes a Kafkaesque comedy of repeated contact with the company, multiple apologies, denial of fault, lots of "how's your connection working now" enquiries, all overlaid by the complete inability to find and fix what ought to be a bread and butter problem on VM's wholly owned, wholly managed network.  A comedy other for the fact that it's not funny except for VM's competitors. 

It would seem VM are not going to take ownership and sort this proactively; the company's systems are designed to make good customer service very difficult even when individually staff do want to help you.  With that in mind I suggest you go back to the excellent advice given by @jem101 earlier in this thread.  Formal complaint using the form in My Virgin Media, asking for them to (a) sort their technology and give you the speed you're paying for, (b) pay compensation for failure to deliver and for the poor customer service (say £100?), and (c) for a deadlock letter if they can't agree to your terms.

A deadlock letter is used to take a matter to CISAS if VM choose not to resolve it to your satisfaction.  Without a deadlock letter you can still approach CISAS, but need to wait eight weeks from VM getting the formal complaint.

Hi rotahn,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums! I'm sorry to hear that you've been having some issues with your connection and speeds.

I can see that there's been an update on your account from today regarding this issue after an email was sent to your local Area Field Manager. I'll pop you over a PM now so I can discuss this further with you and also get a complaint raised

Please look out for my PM at the envelope 🙂

Thanks

Beth

Beth

rotahn
On our wavelength

Thanks Beth.

I have replied.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Steve,

Thanks for just confirming that the hub has been replaced yet you're still experiencing issues. I'll await further advice from the Area Field Manager 🙂

Thanks

Beth

Hi rotahn, 

Thanks for letting us know on this one. 

I can see Beth is still looking in to this with the Area Field Manager for you and she will come back to you as soon as she has any updates. 

Apologies once again for the ongoing issues. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Anonymous
Not applicable

This post made redundant by following. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay another read of the thread I see what happened.

A component on the network wasn't upgraded. OP is still on a 750 MHz network. The 3.1 channel is higher than this so doesn't reach the OP.

One or more amplifiers need replacing to provide this extra bandwidth. 

Hi @rotahn,

Really sorry that this is still ongoing for you. I have reached out to Kath, who has emailed the regional manager as she has not had a response from the area manager. The regional manager has replied that they will look into this and we will update you once we have heard back. 

@Anonymous - Thank you Carl I have made notes to check/install amplifiers if another tech is sent out. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

@rotahn

Please look out for my private message as I need to pass on some details to you.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

rotahn
On our wavelength

@Carley_S

Did you send the PM?  I didn't get any notification and the only ones in my PM list are from Beth.

Thanks