cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new installation M200 getting sub 100

csgohan4
On our wavelength

Installed yesterday, was previously on Gfast FTTC getting stable 350mbps speeds

Been doing speed tests throughout the day and varies from 82-130,  with lower speeds during the evening.

I suspect there are alot of users to the cabinet effecting performance

done a compete reset with the pinhole, connected cable and still poor speeds

f1444aa5bded400cb49cdb8a9ad74781027bf170

The customer service agent mentioned that the speed as long as over the minimum, not much they can do. Noted I was getting speeds of over 200 on first installation yesterday after the tech tested it and I did it myself.

You can see the BQM graph above is quite telling, they throttle speed during the evening more

3 REPLIES 3

carl_pearce
Community elder

@csgohan4 wrote:

Installed yesterday, was previously on Gfast FTTC getting stable 350mbps speeds

Been doing speed tests throughout the day and varies from 82-130,  with lower speeds during the evening.

I suspect there are alot of users to the cabinet effecting performance

done a compete reset with the pinhole, connected cable and still poor speeds

www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/f1444aa5bded400cb49cdb8a9ad74781027bf170.p...

The customer service agent mentioned that the speed as long as over the minimum, not much they can do. Noted I was getting speeds of over 200 on first installation yesterday after the tech tested it and I did it myself.

You can see the BQM graph above is quite telling, they throttle speed during the evening more

There is something going on with VM's nework:

Several forum members have seen the same thing.

Not affected my speeds, however?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See my recent reply (message 2) here... speeds not affected though

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Getting-a-tremendous-amount-of-packet-loss/...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I did another pin reset and it's back up to 200, weird. I cannot explain why. Surely something is wrong if one needs to reset the modem, i.e turn it off and on

I have also taken the liberty in disabling smart wifi from posts on here saying it disconnects you