Menu
tammasarath
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

my speed is very low 200mbps connection speed is showing 0.05mbps in speedtest

Hi,

My broadband connection speed is 200mbps my network is dead slow today, can't load any page and when i checked in speedtest.net, it's showing as 0.05mbps. checked if there is any fault in my area and my account, and it didn't find any fault. my tv is flickering. never seen this flickering before. 

area code is da7

0 Kudos
tammasarath
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: my speed is very low 200mbps connection speed is showing 0.05mbps in speedtest

when i call the helpline 150, it says it will run it's tests. How many times i called, i'm getting the same message and not connecting me to a representative to talk about this problem.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: my speed is very low 200mbps connection speed is showing 0.05mbps in speedtest

Try calling “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 (or 0800 9528046) - options 1-1-4-5 "Thinking of leaving" then “technical issues” – (They are open Monday – Friday, 8am - 8pm and on Saturday from 8am - 6pm. – [08.01 is best!]) you have a better chance of getting a UK call centre (it could still be a 30’+ wait though) who will be more understanding and helpful. Tell them you are thinking of leaving for Sky/BT because of these problems - and they will try and sort it for you (as it’s their job to keep customers) or give you best info on the problem.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

retentions do not do faults - they will just move you on - leaving for Sky wont change what they can or cannot do - granted they might get you to someone in the UK but thats chance - they will just put you in a queue

so post some figures 

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labeled - upstream - downstream

if its an earlier hub button is top right

tell us if you are testing wired or wireless 

those things are always a good start rather than sitting in a queue for little purpose

Tony
0 Kudos