Menu
rampanthamster
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

my 350Mbps service seems stuck at around 40-50Mbps for the last couple of weeks

Hi there,

i'm in area 15 (NW1) and on the 350meg package. It's been fine for ages, but a couple of months ago i started getting fairly frequent disconnects that required me to turn off and on again the router. The speeds were still maxed though. 

Now, for the past couple of weeks, the connection is stable for the most part - BUT - the speed never goes over about 45Mbps (obviously a fraction of what i'm paying for!). I've tried resetting the router completely but no change. This is a wired connection. Using various speedtest sites to check, as well as general downloading. My upload speed is as it should be.

I'm trying to see the power levels using the router status (on the downstream tab), but the wheel just spins around and no information is displayed or updated...I will leave it spinning and update this post if something appears.

Hopefully a member of your support team will be able to assist. Many thanks.

0 Kudos
rampanthamster
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: my 350Mbps service seems stuck at around 40-50Mbps for the last couple of weeks

up

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: my 350Mbps service seems stuck at around 40-50Mbps for the last couple of weeks

Bumping actually has the opposite effect if you are waiting for a VM reply.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@rampanthamster wrote:

up

down

0 Kudos
rampanthamster
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

sorry, had been told by someone to post here and that vm would get in touch. Didn't realise i had to wait around and not try to keep the post alive.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

They currently take between a week or two for a reply on the forums from the date of your last post. They are quite busy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Samantha_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi rampanthamster,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read you are experiencing an issue with the broadband speeds.

When I checked your connection, there is an SNR (signal to noise ratio) fault in your area which could be contributing to the slow speeds. The reference number is F006545836 and has a review date of 28th September.

Once this has been closed we can check your speeds again. The next step will be to complete a speed test whilst the Hub is in modem mode.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
rampanthamster
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Sam, I shall wait a couple of days for that to clear and then try again.

0 Kudos
rampanthamster
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Sam,

my speeds are still far too slow for what I'm paying. I've tried several more reboots, new ethernet cable and modem mode. None of these make any difference, and i'm still only obtaining a maximum of about 45Mbps on the speed tests. Please advise. 

0 Kudos