Menu
Exoticcshot
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

modern

hi virgin can we get a modern nexts please instead of a hub4 or do both instead don't like hub3 at all so I hope you guys see this post and do a modern instead because it would be better for us to have our own router in 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: modern

umm yeah you do understand you can just put the HUB into modem mode?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Will they do a modem only with a Broadcom chip...again...we can hope but likely we get stuck with a hub with router mode and modem mode.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Exoticcshot, thanks for getting in touch. 

The Hub 3 itself can be switched in to modem mode via the instructions below. 

To enable modem mode on your Hub 3.0

1. Make sure you are connected (wired or wirelessly) to your Hub 3.0
  2. Open your Internet browser
  3. Log in to your Super Hub's settings page by entering 192.168.0.1 into the address bar of your Internet browser
  4. Enter your Hub 3.0 settings password. The default password is printed on the bottom of the Hub 3.0. If you have changed the default password, enter that password instead
  5. Once you've logged in, click Modem Mode on the left
  6. Click the option next to Enable Modem Mode and then click Apply changes

Please let us know if you have any problems, 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@legacy1 wrote:
Will they do a modem only with a Broadcom chip...again...we can hope but likely we get stuck with a hub with router mode and modem mode.

We had a little chat about this very issue last summer.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Tech-Chatter/Should-VM-revert-to-quot-modem-only-quot/td-p/3808...

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
RockerSBM
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi JB

What he means is that vm should give us a option to let us buy a stand alone modem with my testing years back i found that having modem only gave me better speeds than a sh or sh2 at peak times and they had 4 more downstreams than the vmng300 did. plus us real hardcore gamers who want the best connection they can get for online gaming where we want to move away from the puma6 chipset.

vm was at egx2018 there motto was (full force fibre for gamers) but if you dont also have the best equipment to go with it you cant be the best!

they should open up 1 or 2 modems only for people to buy its not hard for them to be put on the network

here is netgears new cable modem also ready for 3.1 and has the vop too for when vm turns to it and has a broadcom chipset inside i would easily pay for that now if vm would let me activate it for me on their network.

https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/cable-modems-routers/CM1150V.aspx

Cheers

shaun

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@RockerSBM wrote:

What he means is that vm should give us a option to let us buy a stand alone modem

Cheers Shaun...  now that would be "radical" ! Smiley Happy

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos