Menu
thesoloist
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

misinformed engineer

ive had 3 engineers out in as many months after having issues with my speed/latency replaced my hub twice and each time i get the excuse "yeah its the link between rochdale and the bagley server it will be fixed/not fixed  late april" what a load of ********* when asked about the crappy chip in the not so super hub 3 being unable to cope under load his excuse was he "hasnt read up on it " im paying £39.00 for being disappointed and unable to leave unless i pay £100 junk!!!! 

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: misinformed engineer

that assumes you have the hub3 - the latency part can be true - speed should not be an issue so what they say may be true on that

the latency issue is well documented and you seem to know about that but lets look at the speed - is it slow - if so is that 24/7 or just peak times - if 24/7 post some figures if you want someone to look at it - are you testing wired or wifi

log into hub - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labeled - upstream - downstream

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Eeeps
Superfast
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So - exactly what are your issues. IF you can prove that you have a problem that VM can't or won't fix then you can leave the contact.

In my view, BB providers should be held legally responsible for miss selling and thus be liable for ALL costs should services not meet claims.

This means you can change supplier and they should cover all costs associate with this if they are intransigent.

(would certainly improve quality of BB service in the UK)

0 Kudos
thesoloist
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

im just having a moan pal unless you have an engineer come to your address 3 times  within 28 days get out of contract costs 100 notes latency is my big issue virgin have known about the puma chip issue for along time and done nothing and apparently a firmware update is coming that isnt guaranteed to work.

0 Kudos
thesoloist
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony

i run hub 3 in modem mode always have,speed tests have become an obsession now and and anytime after 7 am it drops to 30 mg i play alot (or did) of online games this latency issue has made them unplayable. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@thesoloistwrote:

Hi Tony

i run hub 3 in modem mode always have,speed tests have become an obsession now and and anytime after 7 am it drops to 30 mg i play alot (or did) of online games this latency issue has made them unplayable. 

from that it seems you have an utilisation problem which fits with the peak time speed drop and bears out what the techs are saying - the puma problem has nothing to do with speed

you should be able to push the utilisation problem to leave with no on cost - you need it confirmed by VM - the staff here will do that with a fault number - using that you should initially be able to get a reduced bill and push to terminate your contract if the review date is pushed back as it usually is

Tony
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi thesoloist, 

Thanks for getting in touch, welcome to the Forum Smiley Very Happy

Sorry for the connection problems. I've just checked your connection and I don't see any area faults raised, have you ever been given a reference number? Usage on your cable looks okay at the moment, not exceeding thresholds, but we can continue to monitor this. 

Speak with you soon, 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos