what is the lowest speed guarantee for m350 package

15 REPLIES 15

I get alot of ping spikes in my games on ethernet

virgin mediaresult.png

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for providing your BQM cd99. 

Can I please ask, do you experience any lag when gaming and is this on a console or PC/Laptop?

Do you upload or stream whilst gaming? Also, do you know what type of Ethernet cable you are connected with?

Thanks

Nat

so ive been with virgin before, and havnt had this issue, so it tells me that its external and not an issue in home.

I play using ethernet, and i play on xbox. I have taken into consideraion it could be the game servers, but the bqm shows the same ping spikes i get in game. up to 50-60ms ping spikes.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi cd99,thanks for keeping us updated. It's a strange one because when running in-depth checks everything looks fine from a network point of view, all parameters are within spec and I'm not able to identify hat might be causing this.

Have you double checked the cabling & connections for any damage/kinks? If you haven't already I would also recommend a factory reset of the hub as well so we can rule out any software issues:

With the Hub turned on, push the pinhole button all the way in and hold it there for a timed 60 seconds. Bear in mind your Hub settings and your passwords/passphrase for both the WiFi networks & settings will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card so all devices will need to be reconnected manually.  

Tom

Telephone support has found an issue with my line, he has called it a "noisy line"

He said it seems as if it is external. Almost like there is water in the cabinet. the connection is touch and go.

We have had alot of water leaks in our street, and thames water constantly having to fix them. perhaps they damaged something in the process?

Is it possible for someone to come out and inspect it externally?

Hi cd99, thanks for the message. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the line and when looking into this we can see that you have cancelled the visit via text. Are things now okay with the service?. ^CW