cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lag on streaming

kawsar11499
Joining in

my streaming services like iplayer and nowtv live sports lags every now and then, here is my broadband quality monitor 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/4ee616a5c83e3ded75665afd27be08a57e...

16 REPLIES 16

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

While not discounting the poor BQM, there is the additional factor of the Hub's weak WiFi performance.  With the TV in a different room, this could be a significant factor in the poor streaming. 

The OP has not reported any other internet problems than could be due to a poor connection. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

The BQM posted is a live link, and shows horrendous spiking of latency that certainly would be a contributor to poor streaming and other latency sensitive uses of the connection.

I must say it magically has gone very clean at 5 am this morning, fingers crossed it was a network or area fault that's now been resolved.  If the BQM remains as nice as it has been since then, we can probably rule out a continuing connection fault, and should the problems persist then they are likely down to wifi.

I have been having these lag on my streaming for a while now so i dont think its a recent problem, also my hub is not far from my tv it is in the adjacent room

Is it still bad right now?

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

It happens a few times a day

Your BQM shows a better connection today.  Is the streaming any better NOW ? 

- jpeg1

Seems to be working fine for now, ill see how it goes