cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet keeps cutting out and speeds slow

kylep18
Joining in

hi, so when I have a stable connection, its great, super fast , when it achieves the speeds we are paying for, but past couple of days its as if its being throttled, by two phones and Netflix.

any help would be amazing since trying to get work done from home and having the internet cut its self out and reconnect after 5 mins is really frustrating. but i know you tech wizards will work it out , hopefully, it took 3 attempts to send this post as an example.

also cant seem to copy and paste upstream downstream data or status as it says correct the highlighted errors, which is literally odd bits of data that you need from me? so i dont know

25 REPLIES 25

Good Afternoon @kylep18, can you please advise me if you've followed the advice from @carl_pearce and set up a BQM?

If so, please drop the link in your response.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

kylep18
Joining in

i forgot completely about this thread sorry family and work, new baby etc, here is a updated link.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/932e39666af9195e8b08eecea28411f14705064b-22-08-2022

its been a little better but still dropping at times, 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @kylep18,

Thank you for coming back to us! Congratulations on your new baby! 🙂

I have checked our systems and I cannot see any issues with your power levels, or any issues with your local area that could be impacting your services.

Is this issue present on multiple devices, or just one device at the moment?

Please let us know so we can assist further if needed.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It knocks everyone off the internet , seems to be at the same time. Only usually 3 devices connected onto the WiFi but can happen when I'm the only one on or all of us. 

Hi @kylep18 thanks for your reply and apologies for this.

I do echo Paulina's comments, and at the time of writing there are no issues at all on the network that can be seen.

Are there any devices that you can connect to the Hub via ethernet cable, as if possible this would be ideal as the best performance is always on a wired connection?

Can you also reboot your Hub and let us know how things have been since your post? 

Many thanks

Tom_W

kylep18
Joining in

still issues. 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/2a82506425f43e279c4e518b6243acc6753e56f8-30-08-2022

I don't know what to say. 

Hi kylep18, thanks for the message, with the red ones can you confirm if the hub was rebooted at this time?

How is the service since posting? 

Chris

Had this problem where the connection went down completely just for a few seconds or so.  Switched the router off, left it for a few moments, then switched it back on.  All good now.

The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Windows Update isn't rocket science - if it were, it would work.
Unlike Monty Python, spam is never off.
Some video posts may contain swearing/inappropriate content for young children

π

i have rebooted , and im just waiting for connection to be stable, today it seems better, im hoping this is resolved, that would be nice! 😄 i will post updated monitor after few days see how its looking.

Thanks for the update kylep18, glad to hear this seems to have improved. Once you have monitored it for a few days let us know how you're getting on.

Rob