cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intermittent packet loss for approx 6 weeks

Jikel
Joining in

Can anyone suggest how I can get VM to take a proper look at this issue?

I've called them on 4 occasions about packet loss of up to 30% that I'm seeing.

Call 1) there's a complex issue in your area, should be OK in a couple of days (though the online tool said there were no issues in the area, and pretty sure they didn't actually run any tests on the network at the time as - no offence - they were only 1st line)

Call 2) managed to speak to someone techie who thought it was a dodgy ethernet cable, he rebooted the router remotely while I swapped the cable, and to be fair the connection was 100% when we ended the call

Call 3) (few days later after issue reappeared almost immediately) spoke to another techie who ran a SNR test on the VM network, told me there was an issue in the area and apparently raised a work order for it to be fixed

Call 4) approx 2 weeks after call 3, engineer ran the same test, said there's still an issue in the area, raised another work order (apparently)

It's getting a bit ridiculous now, and I've not received one of the SMS alerts that I should allegedly be receiving to tell me about the progress.

Thanks

David Sadler

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Legend

"I've called them on 4 occasions about packet loss of up to 30% that I'm seeing."

Do share the evidence of packet loss & details of how it is measured. 

We are keen to see that.

The quick and easy check is by using https://packetlosstest.com/

This could be due to issues between my PC and the router I know, so I've backed this up by running the "ping" utility from the advanced options in the Superhub admin, to 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8.

Hi Jikel (David) 👋 welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear you have been having some connection issues. I can see some problems at the exchange that may be causing some issues for you. 

I'm going to send you a PM to confirm a few details so we can get someone sent out directly to you to have a look as soon as possible! You will find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 

We can return to this public thread when possible with an update! Thank you for your patience whilst we get this sorted. 

All the best 🌞

Molly