cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intermittent broadband for 6 weeks!

pixie247
Tuning in

Our broadband has been horrendous for 5 to 6 weeks. Service check shows "issues in your postcode, our engineers are working hard to fix this"........... for 6 weeks????? I am paying for M200 fibre broadband as my daughter streams her gameplay through an ethernet but she can only get 70mps download max....on a good day. Upload drops between 6 and 9 when it usually runs at 20. Have rang on numerous occasions and also sent a contact form online (no reply). Cannot even get past the automated "we are sorry you are still experiencing problems in ..... area"  message in the last week to discuss this issue with anyone. Beyond a joke! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What is being reported on the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

The "compensation "timer" can also be started on this number.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What is being reported on the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

The "compensation "timer" can also be started on this number.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning @pixie247, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the outage that has been effecting you and other users in your area. 

Having looked into this for you, the outage is estimated to be fixed by 17:00 on 30/09 (tomorrow)

Do please come back to us beyond this time frame to provide us with an update on how your service is performing, and we'll look into this for further for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David,

Thank you for your reply. We had a message to restart our hub etc but service has still not been fixed. Same messages to say engineers are working hard to fix this problem as well as automated message regarding the broadband when ringing 150. (01/10/22). There seems to be no resolution to this problem in sight. 

Heidi

Hello pixie247.

Thanks for replying.

We have checked the area  again and sadly we still have an issue with the local network

This is due to be reviewed on the 6th October at 3pm.

If its still the same after that, Please pop back on here and quote reference number F009961874 so we can chase this up.

Gareth_L

Hi,

In response to your message advising me to let you know if there is still disruption to my Broadband service after 6th October, there is little improvement. I am still getting the notification that 'there is a known issue in the area and engineers are working hard to fix this' (when I run a service check and when I phone 150). This is almost 2 months and very frustrating as, despite getting less than half the download speeds, I am still being charged £61 per month. Please helppppp!!! Is it a fault? or are they replacing existing networks? I have been a customer from the beginning and never experienced issues like this before. I have one very grumpy teenager who is unable to stream.

Heidi

Hi Heidi, thanks for coming back to the thread. I am sorry for the extended fix time. I've checked the ticket for you and the estimated fix date is the 14th after 3pm.

Please monitor the connection after this time and we can check for any issues.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill