cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

im having speed issue i after keep restarting router usually after 2-3days

johnyboymanutd
Tuning in

im on hub 4 and 1gbit connection and it drops to about 10mbit after 2-3days and after restart to get full speed again very annoying 

status 

downstream

down.png

9 REPLIES 9

johnyboymanutd
Tuning in

upstream 

Untitled.png

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @johnyboymanutd 

Please can you also copy paste (not a photo) the information contained from the Network Log tab.

You will probably receive an error message when trying to post that info, just ignore it and press Post again  - it's just VM's backend systems removing the MAC addresses from there as part of the forums safety protocol.

It would also be useful to set up a BQM (Broadband Quality Monitor) 

ttps://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality 

On Think Broadband go to your  BQM and under the options you will see

Today | Previous Days | Edit | Delete | Share

Click on the Share option and on the screen that opens click on Share 

On the next screen click on Share Live Graph

Copy the text in the Direct Link box (beware there may be more text than you can see so make sure yuo highlight it all)

On here when creating your post click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK..

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

am i best to ring virgin telling i after keep restarting router as speed drops alot after a few days

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @johnyboymanutd 

As per message 3 in this thread, "Please can you also copy paste (not a photo) the information contained from the Network Log tab.

You will probably receive an error message when trying to post that info, just ignore it and press Post again  - it's just VM's backend systems removing the MAC addresses from there as part of the forums safety protocol."

The system won't accept the photos from the network log tab as they contain your MAC address.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

close topic turns out

ethernet on my pc needed adjusting because wifi was still getting full speed but ethernet dropped again so i messed with the ethernet setup and now back to full speed

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @johnyboymanutd 

Thanks for updating the thread. It's good to see that the issues caused by your ethernet cable are now sorted.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Hi @johnyboymanutd

Welcome to the community. 

Glad to hear that you have found the issue at your ethernet set up and all is sorted for you now. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley