Menu
Highlighted
notnamedFred
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

here we go again me complaining about my 'speed'

Every 4 months or so my speed drops, I suspect it revolves around some other bod complaining about their speed so the engineer swaps things around in the green cabs.

1stly I do have a problem with next door, who at any time can have in excess of 6 virgin routers on the go? (uncle works for virgin media) we are on the same line to the cab

I pay for 200mbps, I have a high usage house. CCTV, Echo Dot, hive, hue etc my home build computer is at the top end because of me using 3d (oculus rift). Unfortunately at present I have to have it on wifi but still getting 180 to 220 normal download.

Its my turn to now complain about speed again, on 2.4ghz I am getting ave 60mbps down and 11 up, on 5ghz I can get upto 5 yes 5gbps sometime nothing at all. Just spoke to nice but dim on the help line and he was as useful as snow in the tropics. I contacted help because I couldn't get on the virgin site with my current details.

So would one of you kind virgin peeps take a look, thanks in advance

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Rising star
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: here we go again me complaining about my 'speed'

You will never get 5Gbps - I assume you mean the full 180-220? or even 5Ghz wifi?

You've said on 2.4Ghz so you are on about the slow wifi - 2.4Ghz has a max throughput of 72.2mbps 5Ghz on something like AC can top out around 7Gbps but this is transmission speed and not internet throughput. 

So if you don't use 2.4Ghz you won't have slow speed. 

0 Kudos
notnamedFred
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: here we go again me complaining about my 'speed'

Sorry but Im confused with your reply happy with my 350? l will try again:

Under 2.4ghz wireless I am getting 22ms 87.42mbps down and 11.47mbps up into wolverhampton

Under 5ghz wireless I am getting zilch, zero, nil. like a dead parrot - this is dead

as of Sat 3pm

I have to split them up because of next door, they follow me across channels and I swap regularly to stay away from them? Apparently nothing can be done about them

hope this explains better

0 Kudos