Menu
Highlighted
mitch661
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

fluctuating speeds

hi ,I have vivid100 installed 4 days now and pretty fed up all ready. average speed 26 to 44 Mbps and even dropped to 3 tonight . noticed rg6 coax outer layer damaged exposing inner shielding. all Roger testing by virgin reporting normal. anyone know if cable at wall could be causing problem intermittent.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: fluctuating speeds

If the copper shielding is exposed it will certainly degrade over time and it should be replaced. The outer plastic layer is very tough so it must have been severely abused. 

But you have omitted the most important information. Are your speed measurements with an ethernet connection to the hub, in which case there is a problem with the VM broadband? Or are you measuring over WiFi, in which case you need to follow the WiFi advice posts to improve the coverage.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: fluctuating speeds

Hi mitch661,

Thanks for your post. Sorry for the slow speeds. As you've mentioned about the wiring, I'll pop you a quick PM now to get some details.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"