cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

been upgrade to 1gb something not right

Razor1979
On our wavelength

We have always been on the 600mb since it came out but with the introduction of volt benefits with o2 we were told we were going up to 1gb, virgin sent us a new hub 4 which didn’t really matter to me as we only ever use the modem in modem mode as I have an internal mesh network 

the issue is we always use to get around 550-600 mb now we are getting around 625mb not much of an upgrade 

looking through the settings on the modem can someone tell me if perhaps I’m on the wrong speed profile please as to me this would point out I’m only on 690mb ? 

and if this is the case what would I need to do I have tried running the modem in router mode and rebooting several times and nothing changes 

C1EBDE68-1686-44B4-B2A4-62145CDAEF17.png

13 REPLIES 13

Razor1979
On our wavelength

I have done some direct test from the modem before it was in modem mode 

now it’s in modem mode I have it connected to a Linksys velop meshed network connected via a cat8 cable which I have also tried a cat 6 and cat6e cables as well 

the speed test Linksys is report between the modem and it’s self is 834 down and 54 up 

the last speed test via Linksys was in the early hours so shouldnt have been any congestion 

Hi Razor1979,

Thanks for your post and updates. How has the service been since the profile has updated? Looks like you are getting betters speeds now.

Cheers,

Corey C

Razor1979
On our wavelength

Yes speeds seem to be better thank you 

still not got that magical 1gb but I’m happy with 850mb that I’m getting 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Glad to hear your speeds have improved Razor1979,

keep us posted if anything changed 😄
Zoie