Menu
f825_633
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

awful broadband speed

Broadband speeds for the last 12 hours have been dismal in KT19.

Spoke to neighbour this morning and he said it began to get poor last night, Spoke to technical support who claimed there wasn’t anything wrong in the area and was told signals have been sent to the modem and it will ‘heal’ within 24 hours.

I called support tonight and was told there are not any faults in the area. I mentioned a neighbour was also having issues but they just said they cannot discuss another users account. I asked if there were problems in the area and after a protected exchanged eventually was told ‘no’. I was then told some signals have been sent to the modem and it will take up to 24 hours to take effect.

As someone who works on CATV systems I ‘know’ this is rubbish and I’m just being fobbed off. I asked him what the signal levels were at the modem and he said he would need to send a tech out. Really? Clearly at the end stop of this persons knowledge. I asked for someone else and he told me there wasn’t anyone. He then said that my computer isn’t compatible with the modem and I should try another computer, this guy really was trying the bull*%!T baffles brains approach. Just appalling. I insisted on someone else and said that I’d forward the recorded call to management if he refused and he put me though to his manager. It shouldn’t be necessary to be so insistent to get service !. The person I then spoke to checked the service in the area and concurred that there wasn’t a fault. But then moved to the modem and found that it was 4db over level causing problems. I have pads and placed a 4db pad on the cable and he confirmed it was now fine and indeed the speed returned from 2mb to 180mb down along with the ping time of 48ms reducing to 24ms. Much better but still room for improvement.

In the last hour or so we’ve now seeing 66mb down, 4mb up & 29ms ping time. There obviously is something intermittent in the area causing issues.

I’ve nipped round the neighbors and he is still seeing 19mb down & 2mb up with a 60ms ping time on his 200mb service.

Something in the area isn’t correct and it all was find yesterday for both of us. Something has clearly changed locally or giving problems.

Will someone please take a deeper look. All the cables are tight and correct in our house, I did find a loose cable in my neighbors which I've tightened the F type but not improved his service , nothing has moved or been altered in my house (other than the 4db pad adding). Didn't ask the neighbor but I doubt it there either.

Oh and the service checker is broken too !

Capture.JPGEven the service checker page is broken..

0 Kudos
CarlTSpeak
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: awful broadband speed

Going by those upload speeds I'm thinking bad return path SNR.

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ralph_R
Moderator (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi f825_633,

Apologies for the speed issues,sounds like there may have been a local fault or maintenance in the area.

I've run a number of checks on your service from this end and all currently looks in good shape, no SNR or return path issues evident.

Hopefully speeds have recovered, though if you're still experiencing any trouble please just drop us an update and we'll gladly assist further.

Kind rgds

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
f825_633
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello.

Thanks for the reply,

I've continued to monitor and our service has indeed returned to our normal.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi f825_633, 

Thanks for keeping in touch, I am glad things are looking better for you now. 

I can see there are still some intermittent FECS so I have raised this to networks to investigate further. I will let you know as soon as I know more.

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi f825_633, 

Just  a quick update a fault has been raised ref F006740059 for SNR and FECS. The current review date is 05/12/2018. Please give this thread a bump closer to the time and we will get an update for you. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos