cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

are Virgin doing a broadband speed upgrade?

geriann
Superfast

I just logged into my Virgin Media account to check this months e-bill & noticed that it says from Feb' 1st my broadband speed was increased from 200 to 350.
Thankfully i've not been charged extra. [although my bill goes up on on March 1st anyway]

Are Virgin doing a broadband speed upgrade?
I haven't had any email or letter about my speed increasing.
My e-bill is the 1st thing i knew about it!Screenshot 2022-02-18 155418.png

7 REPLIES 7

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Option 1)  The customer service team have applied somebody else's package change to your account, and that somebody else is probably complaining that they agreed a new package and it hasn't been actioned.

Option 2)  You qualified for Volt benefits and that's increased your VM speed by one tier?

On a separate note, you're paying sixty quid a month just for a mid-tier broadband speed before the price hike?  Maybe time to phone and say you wish to cancel because the value's very poor.

I agree that what i pay for my broadband & landline is crazy. 😕

what are Volt benefits?

in respective to what you pay, I pay about the same as you a month for top level broadband (1gig) also a mix TV package and landline.....

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@geriann wrote:

I agree that what i pay for my broadband & landline is crazy. 😕

what are Volt benefits?

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-o2

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/can-you-downgrade-package-without-using-the...

Adapt the tactics in that last link according to your circumstances.

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi geriann.

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry for any confusion caused by the sudden package change.

It looks like you've been eligible for something we've called Project Simple. Project Simple is where we migrate customers that are on our older and more complex packages to one of our newer packages free of charge (along with a complimentary speed boost). Don't worry, you won't be entered into a new contract and other services will remain the same.

If you have any more questions do let us know.

Enjoy your faster speeds! 🙂

Beth

oh wow i've not heard of project simple.
is there anything on the Virgin website about it?

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us @geriann

There isn't anything listed online regarding this as its a back of house prosses. 

If you do have any more questions then please do let us know and we will help where possible. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M