Menu
KD1111
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Zero help

First time on here because I didn't know what else to do, hopefully this may get me me some help because I'm certainly not getting it anywhere else. My question : If a (easily fixed) technical issue needs resolved and someone goes onto the wonderfully effective (ahem) chat service to try to get some assistance, does Virgin Media usually ignore them for four **bleep** hours in the hope that they go away, or has that been reserved just for me?

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Zero help

the wait times are long due to the covid-19 outbreak

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Pars
Superfast
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If it's guidance on something you can do yourself, you may get what you need from the membership of this forum.
If it's something that has to be actioned by VM, the chat service has not proved to be particularly effective, but some do seem to have more luck with the text service.
Depending on the nature of your problem, you may also get an interjection from a helpful VM employee here.
M350 over FTTP
0 Kudos
KD1111
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Four hours without a reply or even an acknowledgement that you are still in a queue. There's being understanding, and there's having the **bleep** taken.

0 Kudos
KD1111
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cheers, how do I get info on the text service, please? As I said, new here 🙂

0 Kudos
Pars
Superfast
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The text number is 07533051809 and you just outline your issue then wait for a reply.
No guarantee as to when you get it but the response does seem to be better than the chat option.
M350 over FTTP
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Post specific details of you equipment and what issues you are getting and you will get better guidance on here. Certainly a quicker response !

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

What is said “easy fix” technical issue?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos