cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox series x hub 5

K2soljaz
Tuning in

Since swapping for my 1000mb hub 4 to the 1000mb hub 5 my Xbox series x can only get 200mb connection now , the hub 4 I could get over 500mb ,

apart from changing the router nothing else has changed , but now at best I can get a max of 200mb..

anybody know of any fixes ? With the hub 5 being WiFi 6 and only being 3 metres from the Xbox I thought connection would be solid and speeds would be better , 

9 REPLIES 9

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Does your Xbox have wifi 6?  If not you will not get faster speeds from a wifi 6 router.  And there have been reports of poor speeds from the Hub 5 with some wifi 5 devices. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

carl_pearce
Community elder

@K2soljaz wrote:

Since swapping for my 1000mb hub 4 to the 1000mb hub 5 my Xbox series x can only get 200mb connection now , the hub 4 I could get over 500mb ,

apart from changing the router nothing else has changed , but now at best I can get a max of 200mb..

anybody know of any fixes ? With the hub 5 being WiFi 6 and only being 3 metres from the Xbox I thought connection would be solid and speeds would be better , 

No WiFi 6

https://turbospeedwifi.com/does-the-xbox-series-x-have-wi-fi-6/

I'd suggest accessing the HUB and checking the 'Connected Devices' section to the see the speed (Mbps) the device is connecting at.

At only 3 metres distance, why not use a cable?  Ethernet will always give the best connection. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Becuase id have to have an Ethernet cable going across the middle of the room . It wouldn’t be practical, 

It’s just strange how the hub 4 seems the better and faster hub than the hub 5 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

There's been a number of problems with the Hub 5, reported on these forums.

- jpeg1

Looks like virgin need to push a firmware/software update out then.. 

same here bud' since upgrading to the hub 5 our speeds have been worse we are meant to be on 250MB and we are getting 35MB to put it simple virgin media do not care about their customers it seems to me as long as there getting your money they're could not care less about this crumbling network correct me if i'm wrong but this network seems to have gotten worse since O2 joined forces 

Yes , looks like I’ll have to put my Virgin router into modem mode and use my own router.. 

that’s the only way around it.