cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wont help me with bad speed and won't let me cancel without large fee

Kevin32
Joining in

I'm geting awful signal from my Internet virgin phoned everday saying there are problems in my area and will b fixed in 24 hrs and rang ever day for a week and it didn't and we wanted a technician out and was gonna charge me for that which I think is wrong as they r not providing me a service that I'm paying for and wanted to cancel and gonna charge me a cancellation fee. Just very frustrated as I've been with them for 5 years 

3 REPLIES 3

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Kevin32 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced these issues with your services. I would be happy to take a look but have been unable to locate your account via your forum details. 

I will pop you a PM so we can grab some information and run some checks. Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If yoiu have been with VM for 5 years your are outside of the original agreement and may be out of contract. Or have you started a new one recently - e.g. getting a new package, renegotiating you package price , etc.?? What does it say about your "contract start date" in you online account.

If out of contract you can cancel the service with 30 days notice and pay no exit fees

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you so much for popping back to us via the PM and we've been able to take a look now. 

Can you post your Hub status and logs? How to do this;
• Please go to http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode),
• Don't log in, click on 'router status'
• Copy/paste the data from each of the tabs as text into a 'REPLY' as opposed to 'QUICK REPLY'. Please do not include your MAC address.

Also, set up a 'Broadband Quality Monitor'. This will monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts etc

Give it a while to gather data and then click 'Share Live graph' and paste the 'Direct Link' into the forum