Menu
Jason1292
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wifi unresponsive

I currently pay for 200 mb/s internet and my girlfriend and i find the wifi completely unresponsive on our iphones to the point where nothing loads on facebook or apps etc. iMessages still work as they should but for anything else we need to turn wifi off and use our 4G data! My xbox one is hardwired to my router and experiences no issues and my bedroom tv is connected to the wifi via a netgear signal booster - which also has no issues! When i run a test via ookla on my phone it always shows that i’m getting good speeds even though nothing will load? I’m not technically minded about this stuff so please keep it simple lol,

thanks

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi unresponsive

First off which Hub model do you have ? Its printed on its sticker on the base/side/drawer of the Hub. What iOS are the Apple devices on ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Jason1292
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have the white hub3! This was a replacement from virgin as the black hub2 did the same thing! And they are both on the latest software but this has been an ongoing problem since i joined up with virgin 4/5 years ago… i have only just made an account because i want to get to the bottom of this or leave the company! I pay £70 a month for basic tv channels ( i dont watch tv ), line rental ( i dont have a house phone ) & 200mb internet - which barely works… i’m just getting a bit fed up 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you want technical help from the people on the forum then you need to add a bit more technical detail about your specific issue. One thing you could try on a Hub3 is to disable channel optimisation and rename the SSID's on the 2 wifi networks. I have all Apple gear and they all connect better on the 5GHz one. Just search the forum for how to do it.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Jason1292
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I don’t know what more i can say to give you more “technical detail” my wifi barely works! And ok i’ll try that at somepoint when i get a chance

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I think I just had this - my wifi icon on the Hub 3 started to flash green and then no devices could connect to it - it showed up in the wifi list but said it was Disabled. I had to reboot the hub and wait 20 mins to get it all working again
0 Kudos
Jason1292
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I dont get any lights that aren’t meant to be there unfortunately! Everything looks as it should but it just wont work! Pain

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Put it in modem mode and hook up your own wifi router or a router + wifi access points. This will solve the problem for good - worth the expense for the peace of mind knowing that you will never have to call VM CS for wifi assistance ever again.

--------------------
0 Kudos