Menu
Highlighted
Hamlet
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wifi connections and area.

The Wifi in my postal area failed this week, - as notified on the land line telephone message from Virgin Media. Hub 3.0

My  broad band connection is through the old NTL cable box - outside my house.   I use a Pc, connected by cable,  and  a  Amazon Fire tablet in other rooms.. Also a printer connected by WiFi in another room.

The printer will only work now when connected by cable to the PC, and the Tablet will receive emails, but wont Search; - 'times out'. 

The broad band appears to be working on the PC, (emails and search facility, but much slower.)

I have a full house bundle.- I have tried the engineers , but they say the broadband is working, which it is , but only on the cable connected PC?

thank you

any suggestions please? ...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi connections and area.

Hello Hamlet,

I am sorry to hear that, How are things looking at the moment?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Hamlet
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The Pc works ojk bit is still slow, as is the Kindle.  Will do some searches but not where several windows are involved.

The printer will only work on a cable connection. which is OK. but.... Its an Epson WF 3010 

Only the white horizontal bar shows on the HUB, before it had green lights- -although according to instructions that makes no difference.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

White light means a stable connection, Do you have all the required drivers etc for your printer?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Hamlet
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi.

I presume so , since it has  worked since I bought it 3 years ago. Oddly the WIFI connection light on the printer , no longer shows,- as once did.

Its of no real importance now, as i have moved the printer near to the PC and on cable, 

Just curious now. If the connection is through cable, do i need  a WiFi connection. Isn't one waves and the other wires...?😒

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Hamlet wrote:

The Wifi in my postal area failed this week, - as notified on the land line telephone message from Virgin Media.

Just to be clear, WiFi does not operate over an area. The WiFi you use comes from your Hub alone  

Each of your devices connects to the Hub either by cable or WiFi. The cable connection is always preferable if you can arrange it.

PS  The message you received may have related to the Virgin WiFi from other locations that you can log into when out and about. It doesn't affect your own domestic WiFi  

0 Kudos