cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi speeds

Coneill1
Tuning in

Any advice on WiFi signal throughout the house ? My WiFi speeds are consistently horrendous. I have a relatively small house and 3 WiFi pods and if I'm anywhere but right next to my router or connected through an ethernet cable. I've had engineers out and I just keep getting stonewalled "check settings" "we can't guarantee WiFi speeds" "use ethernet cables" "it's the cab in your street" I've had engineers out changing wires etc etc. 

Surely at a certain point it must be a breach of contract if I'm getting, not a dip, absolutely zero service. Working from home I can't have this happening every single day. Daily with the WiFi and every couple of days ethernet aswell. 

7 REPLIES 7

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Coneill1, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community, I am really sorry to see you are having some connection issues. 

I have taken a look at our side and I can confirm there is a SNR outage in your area which will be affecting your connection.

This is due to last until the 28th October 2022, I am sorry about any problem which this may cause. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hey Matthew, 

Yeah it's still affecting me today. It doesn't let up ever essentially 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
For better WiFi get your own router with 1Gb ports and put hub in modem mode.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Any recommendations of routers? Also will modem mode mess with any ethernet cables? 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
You just plug all Ethernet to the new router.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/ZyXEL-Armor-Multi-Gigabit-AC2600-Router/dp/B08KGSQWTT/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&k...
---------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers. Just crazy that potentially have to spend about £100 to get functioning WiFi 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You could do it for less (~£30) by connecting a wireless access point located in the "dead zone", directly to the Hub on cat5e/6a ethernet cable.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NETGEAR-Wireless-Access-Business-WAC104-100UKS/dp/B01LWUJU8H/

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.