Menu
davef1uk
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 36
Flag for a moderator

WiFi problems again

Getting no wifi connection. Happened two weeks ago.  Again it's not working again . Done all the standard routine tests . 

Ethernet seems okay,  but WiFi isn't . 

No internet, try unplug and wait 10 seconds for the miracle to happen!
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi problems again

what hub is it?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
davef1uk
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried the pinhole reset to factory settings without turning off ?  Push the pin in firmly till it "stops" and hold for a timed (not guessed) 45 seconds and – and don’t turn it off.  This has solved problem for lots of people on here this last week or two.  Try that first.  Then after that - do this.  Go into the Hub3 settings and in smart wifi disable the "channel optimisation".  Then, in advanced>wireless>security, rename the 2.4 & 5 GHz network ssid's (just change 'em to xxxxx2 & xxxxx5) with (the same) password you like,  save settings and restart Hub.  Over wifi you should be able to select the network that you want each device to connect to individually.  See if that helps. If not post back with your Hub's power levels - as per a lot of posts on here.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
davef1uk
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks . Will try that .

0 Kudos
davef1uk
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Ok, I have done the reset but this did nothing.  Ran a diagnostic test, shows broadband issue and WiFi issue, but does not say what issue of course.

i have uploaded my downstream and upstream data.  Also, my neighbour who is also on virgin, told me he has similar broadband issues. 

A04B13E8-AFD1-401C-8BC5-D0CD455E29EE.jpeg086BAE31-7B52-45D8-97B4-38C49AC93D2F.jpegE2E7DC5D-C2F4-40D4-BE7B-A465D4228A68.jpegA53B545E-C7DF-486D-9085-58A5CE2A213F.jpeg

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Nat_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 36
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there davef1uk,

I've responded to your separate thread regarding this.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
davef1uk
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat

I'm having serious issues with my WiFi . Phone connection times out, get messages from my tablet to say check your network and while streaming a movie last night it just bufferred for an hour to a point a switch the TV off. 

It's really getting frustrating . All this year I have had anything but a great service.  Virgin puts the prices up but not getting what is written on the tin so to speak 

I have done all what has been suggested previously . It's made no difference. 

Just about getting fed up of this now. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Heather_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hey davef1uk,

Thanks for staying in touch 🙂

Are you still having this problem as when I've checked this evening I can see multiple wireless devices connected and online. 

Hope to hear back from you soon, 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
davef1uk
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather

Yes, the problem is terrible .  I have disconnected the devices but still no difference, but why should I have to disconnect devices???   The whole point in wifi . 

We have two phones, iPad and our new acquired Sonas, that's all . I was told to upgrading my hub to hub 3 or whatever I have now would allow more connections on wifi . So am I assuming this was incorrect advice because I paid £20 for that upgrade.  

I'm getting really upset with how virgin treat it's customers, long standing ones too .

When you call they say your line is fine but yet WiFi isn't . In summer my hub was faulty and it took 4 tech engineers to check my cables, etc blaming heat of hot summer, but 2 months with terrible internet being told everything is fine, in the end it was my hub . 

So I'm just finding virgin service for what I'm paying for just a phone line and broadband, just unacceptable . 

Sorry to sound off, hope you don't take this personal.  The community is always helpful than calling virgin 151.  

0 Kudos