cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Virgin media so unreliable?

horsetowater
On our wavelength

Two weeks after a multi day outage in West London, we are now in day 2 of another loss of broadband and tv service. 

virgin provide an awful service. Always seems to get fixed just before your registered loss of service kicks in though. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Perhaps the issue resembles this recent one....

VM Cable being repaired.png

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

horsetowater
On our wavelength

Day 3 of another virgin service blackout and with F009232867, status has regressed back to “an engineer is on their way” after being onsite for over a day and the fix time has been pushed back yet again. 

And now, Virgin have pushed the fix date back to the 24th. How can they expect anyone to put up with this, particularly when they work from home???

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Perhaps the issue resembles this recent one....

VM Cable being repaired.png

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Why is Virgin media so unreliable?

Because in many areas there is not yet a competing high speed network.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi John - and I’d be a lot more understanding if they said “the service in your area is due to xxxxxx. We need to xxxxx and this will take some time”

But they don’t. You get no explanation of what the issue is at any point in time. Just useless statements and a patchy service…. 🤬

hopefully they will start doing this, but not holding my breath!!

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
As you have discovered... VM's communications on these issues is "poor" - could be worse though... take a look in the "Quickstart" Forum for some real horror stories 🙂

Unlikely to ever improve in the short term until the VM senoir management team recognise the issues and actively decide to change it - little evidence of them doing that over the last few years.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Hi horsetowater, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you've been having an issue with your internet connection due to a fault. 

Any fix times noted are only estimates based on the information we have at the time. Whilst we work hard to meet them, sometimes we need to extend them and this is unavoidable. 

Looking at the reference number you have posted in the thread, it looks as though this one has been closed as resolved. I am hoping this means things are resolved for you now. 

If you are still having an issue then I am happy to take a look at things but I've been unable to locate your account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi horsetowater, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message with your information. 

Our diagnostics on your home network and Hub have not found any issues that could account for connection issues. All power levels are at optimal levels, I'm not seeing any errors and there are no open faults in your area either.

I'm hoping this means that the issues you were having have been resolved but if not then please come back to us and let us know so we can help you further. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs