cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesnt Realspeed find my router?

superloopy
On our wavelength

Hi again, new gig1self install and I'm still without any support. Speeds are poor, upload is 0.3 from speediest consistently. Realspeed cannot be found on my network when in router mode?? I need to find out why. Someone on these forums mentioned that the modem might not be fully configured 'on the back end at vm ' what does that mean?

And to cap it all, I went on to whatsapp chat last night to confirm the latest sate that I could cancel within my cooling off period and within minutes received a bill alongwith 'Sorry you are leaving' email pack. He /she/it had CANCELLED my services without a request!! This is the level of support I have received so far. Its not been a good experience and here I am again, one last attempt to fix the problem which stalls at the first hurdle. Why? Because every speed problem is met with a response to 'run this link' which then directs me to realspeed testing. My modem does not seem to be ' aware' of realspeed. Does anyone have any reason why this could be the case and more importantly how can it be fixed?? I've been with VM since Telewest days and have never seen the company support as poor as it is today. Shame, but sign of the times eh. I would ring up again today but I've yet to hit a uk call centre at the other end. What does that tell you. C'mon guys, pull together and help me sort this... 

8 REPLIES 8

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This Samknows speedtest works with any Router https://speedtest.samknows.com/

The one built into the Hub firmware "should" work RealSpeed - SamKnows

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

superloopy
On our wavelength
It 'should' work but mine does not, either in router mode (default) or modem-mode with a direct ethernet connection to only one PC on the network.

Some contributor did say that this 'may' be configurable by VM prior to delivery, who knows?

If so then the backend doesnt seem to be setup correctly by VM.

Thinking of asking for a replacement HUB5 as this one doesnt allow me to identify my speeds to the router and thos speeds to date are not that great, around 600Mbps download. Does anyone think thats enough for a Gig1 service?

superloopy_0-1678914772361.png

Here's my stats from the freestanding Samknows link.

I'd like to confirm the 'actual' internal speed figures to the HUB5 itself from the internal software.

Think its agreed that these download speeds are not that great.

Upload, at 110Mbps must be as a result of the internal trial currently ongoing, i'm not complaining at that.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

AFAIK, the Samknows Realspeed client was put into the Hub's firmware some time ago, hence it "should" work.

However VM are, at the moment still working on the Hub 5 firmware, so could have upset something?

A 60 second pinhole reset may help, but who knows.

Post the power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and network log from the Hub. Also setup a BQM to monitor your circuit www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done we can comment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

superloopy
On our wavelength

Here's a snapshot over past couple of days using my home router ASUS AC86U -

superloopy_0-1678915829235.png

Fairly consistently low 600s

There are always PRE-RS errors but these are self correcting. No POST-RS errors.

Network log looks clean, nothing untoward.

superloopy_1-1678916363082.pngsuperloopy_2-1678916398287.pngsuperloopy_3-1678916467411.png

superloopy_0-1678916537569.pngsuperloopy_1-1678916574507.png

superloopy_0-1678916948835.png

Upload speeds are rock solid at 105Mbps, downloads are all over the place. I have only 1 week left before i need to decide on cancellation within my cooling off period.