cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I not offered the 1gig upgrade? New customers only?

SeeNoWeevil
Tuning in

If I input my details on the online checker tool and choose 'new customer moving to this address', I'm offerred the 1gig package. If I choose 'existing customer, log in', the maximum available upgrade package is 500mbps! (I'm currently on 350). The 1gig page does have this.. really!?

SeeNoWeevil_0-1642182519534.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Ignore the on-line tools.  VM have never invested enough to keep up with the times, and almost every aspect of internet capability is lacking, whether we're talking about joining, leaving, moving, managing your account, or resolving problems.  VM want everything to go through their appalling telephony and dismal call centres.  I suspect that is a clear breach of the "fairness commitments" they promised to Ofcom, but without enforcement those amount to jack ****. 

Phone up and try and speak to a human who can process house moves.  Even that, unfortunately, may be easier said than done.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Ignore the on-line tools.  VM have never invested enough to keep up with the times, and almost every aspect of internet capability is lacking, whether we're talking about joining, leaving, moving, managing your account, or resolving problems.  VM want everything to go through their appalling telephony and dismal call centres.  I suspect that is a clear breach of the "fairness commitments" they promised to Ofcom, but without enforcement those amount to jack ****. 

Phone up and try and speak to a human who can process house moves.  Even that, unfortunately, may be easier said than done.

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to. Just to clarify, I live at the property and wanted to upgrade from 350 to 1gig. I only chose the 'I'm moving to this house' option to see if perhaps they were hiding the 1gig option from me as an existing customer.. and they were.

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your cheaper to upgrade to 500mb then link a £6 o2 sim to your account from uswitch than just pay for 1gig

Not sure I understand, can you elaborate?

Tenebreaux
On our wavelength

If you're out/nearly out of contract, the retentions team in Scotland will offer you the new customer deal for 1gig Volt. Because that's exactly what I got last week.

Thanks. I think it's just a bit confusing because as an existing customer using the online tool, they want you to upgrade to 500mbps and THEN add the sim on top of that to get jumped up to 1gig. There's no option to go straight to 1gig. I'll ring tho.

Hi SeeNoWeevil,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. We appreciate your feedback regarding new customers being offered the 1GB service, but this did not apply for existing customers.

We can certainly understand the frustration surrounding this, at the point of upgrading online.

Remotely checking from our end, we have located your account, and can see that you have already spoken with an advisor regarding an upgrade to the 1GB service.

Our deals are constantly changing and we will always offer the best deals to existing customers at that time. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

@Jodi_S wrote:

we will always offer the best deals to existing customers at that time.

I'd say this thread is evidence this is not the case, no? I mean, your small print for 1gig even says New Customers Only.

ChrisFleming
Tuning in

Phone them & say, I want to cancel Everything if you are going to be more loyal to new customers than to me an existing one, they will quickly Alter the price/package..(I speak as a virgin tv & broadband customer of 5years, every 6month my bill goes up away from the "introductory rate", as soon as I say, forget it just cancel it all..., Magically my bill returns to £44, instead of the £68, or £72 they Want me to pay... My own brother was paying £113per month, called up, said cancel it, he now has broadband, tv, mobile & landline, All For £52 per month), so it's worth a try