cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who do we believe?

SVTCOL
Joining in

Who do we believe speed wise then Samknows or Speedtest 🤷🏼‍♂️D8394FBA-F0D4-4C50-ADA5-340F1E7C677B.jpeg

9 REPLIES 9

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Samknows tells you your speed to the hub, speed test tells you the speed to your device 

Yes I’m aware of that but Samknows has speed to the PC at 485Mbps but a Speedtest always reads about 850-900Mbps 🤷🏼‍♂️

would probably all depend on what server is being used for the speedtest, CPU usage, WiFi interference at the time of test etc

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

I’d trust the Speedtest results every single time.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Can't say I trust how VM are doing Samknows speed test to the hub then to a PC makes no sense but then you can't do any speed test any where and then expect that speed from any where. Speed test will one day be a thing of the past.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Samknows on the right is displaying the speed of the download running through a browser while Ookla is an effiecient app.

I always find browser tests to be much less than others - and different browsers will give a wide range of readings too.

I've been able to get 900Mbps on the PCF side in Edge after closing everything else on my PC. I suspect a lot of this variation is device dependent.

@SVTCOL wrote:

Yes I’m aware of that but Samknows has speed to the PC at 485Mbps but a Speedtest always reads about 850-900Mbps 🤷🏼‍♂️

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Hi there @SVTCOL

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry that you have gotten these varied speed test results. 

Can I ask if you are noticing any issues at all with your services? 

Thank you.

No real issues as such just questions around the low speed reporting by Samknows to the PC compared to Speedtest via the app and on the Speedtest webpage. Seems a big drop from router to PC via a cat8 cable and a 10Gbps network card 🤷🏼‍♂️

No problem and I'm glad there are no real issues but I am still sorry to see this drop in speed. 

Have you been able to try a speed test on this device with another Ethernet cable just in case? 

Thank you.