Menu
cottonlane
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Where's our Speed boost?

Virgin have made a big deal out of their broadband free speed boost. but as yet we have to see any speed increase to our VIVID350 Service I see they have increased the VIVID 200 service to 350 and charged a lot less than we are paying for the same product?  Soo My question is when are we going to see our speeds increase by a hundred mg or are you going to reduce our monthly payment to match that offer you can not have two different plans for the same speeds?

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Where's our Speed boost?

VIVID 350's upload has increased from 20Mbps to 35Mbps. You may have to reboot your hub to get this.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
cottonlane
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Wow 15 meg on the upload, What about the hundred on the download speed? or a price reduction to match the price that they are paying for the old VIVID200 which is now 350mg?

0 Kudos
Aaron2
Dialled in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@cottonlane wrote:

Wow 15 meg on the upload, What about the hundred on the download speed? or a price reduction to match the price that they are paying for the old VIVID200 which is now 350mg?

Your speed was optional, theirs wasn't. Virgin are most likely trying to get everyone onto a recent package for future changes to their packages or network and it would be unfair to those who were force into upgrading to also be paying more than their current price.

I very much doubt this is something you'd be mentioning should it be the reverse and instead you get the free upgrade.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
cottonlane
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I Seem to be talking to myself here We have NOT had a free upgrade and that is what I want you can Not have two customers paying two different prices for the same product? and No ONNE forced anyone to upgrade it was automatically applied and what goes for one Should go for all?

0 Kudos
Hoogle
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I think you will find that if you got 10 members here all on the same package there will be quite a bit of difference in what they all pay for the same thing.

I for example are on the vivid 500 mbps broadband 2 x tivo boxes with full sky sports and movies HD etc unlimited calls to landlines and mobiles 24/7 and mobile sim with unlimited calls, data and texts all for less than what I was paying for 1 x tivo box on full house tv excluding sports and vivid 350 mbps broadband. 

So you are in contract for 350 mbps and your only upgrade is to 500 mbps however as that is not a standalone broadband package yet (which it may do in the future) you would have to upgrade to the new V.VIP bundle which starts at £99 a month assuming you can get it in your area and maybe you can get it for less if you can negotiate

cottonlane
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

If what you say is correct then Virgin need to get their pricing policy in order ASAP but it still dose not answer my question when they offer an increase in speed it should be across the board?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Try this they might just give it to you.
Call “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-5 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open 8am until 10pm [early is best!]) you will usually get a UK call centre who are more helpful and understanding and can change your package and price in discussion with you.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
cottonlane
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, Some useful and helpful advice at long last. Will try that now Thanks a lot......

0 Kudos
mossman
Super solver
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@cottonlane wrote:

As far as i am aware, it was only the Vivid 200 Gamer package customers who have been moved to Vivid 350 (the Gamer package being a discontinued one which is no longer offered and hasn't been for quite some time).

0 Kudos