cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will my 600mb be upgraded to 1gig?

kenat79
On our wavelength

Hi All

A couple of weeks ago I had a text to say Virgin were carrying out work in my area to improve the service etc.

I was wondering if this meant my 600mb was being upgraded to 1gig?

A long shot I know but ….

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ahh I don’t think so .

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

I'll respectfully beg to differ. 

VM's recent investor report said "The company’s gigabit footprint now reaches 12.8 million premises and is on track to provide complete network-wide coverage of its 1.1Gbps speeds by the end of 2021". 

It also reported further real world trials of 2.2 Gbps in a couple of locations, and that'll certainly appeal to those who want the fastest possible speeds, although when that will become a commercial offer is anyone's guess. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@kenat79 wrote:

Hi All

A couple of weeks ago I had a text to say Virgin were carrying out work in my area to improve the service etc.

That's the message to warn that you that your service will be interrupted for a few hours or days while changes are made to the network. 

The work may or may not make 1g available in your area, but if it does it won't be a free upgrade. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.