cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When do upgrades kick in?

Danrubie
Joining in

hi there,

can anyone help please?  I purchased an upgraded for my broadband on 25 June and have approved the docs etc.  How long does it take for the changes to take effect?

thanks

Dab

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What was the upgrade exactly - speed, extra services, etc?

What do you currently have?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What was the upgrade exactly - speed, extra services, etc?

What do you currently have?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

350 up to 500mbs and removed some of the tv package we don’t use.  Nothing too dramatic.

Thanks,

Dan

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Switch Hub off and unplug it for 5'.

Then start it up and wait 5'

Then In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) (DONT click these links) - and hit return. On the first page up dont login (unless you have the Hub4/5 - when you do login) just click on the “router status” icon/text at bottom-middle (Hub3/4) of the Login page and then Navigate to the Configurationn Data file page.

What numbers are in the Max Data Transfer Rate boxes for Downstream and Upstream?

--------------------
John
--------------------