Menu
QuarterPast3
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

What's going on with my speed and lost complaint?

I have proof that my Internet speed is capped. I run an Ookla speed test every 30 mins and log the output to a text file. I've done this for the past 7 weeks. I can see that my M200 drops to M100 during weekdays.

Your "support" blame my internal network, but they upload speed also drops from 20 to 10. So I'm capped!! 

I made an official complaint at the beginning of January and according to the guys on twitter... The complaint can't be found. 

Complaint reference: C-110121552

Apparently the only way to get through is via the forums. Can anyone help? 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: What's going on with my speed and lost complaint?

I can assure you Virgin do not throttle speeds, however there is a lot of capacity issues on localized Virgin networks currently due to the working and schooling from home, this also not alleviating much during the school holidays as kids now spend most there days on video calls or conferences with friends.

I can include an example of how Virgin's network splits connections between its customer if you like.

As for your complaint there is a huge backlog of complaints due to the struggle of customer being able to reach customer service and also broadband speed issues.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
QuarterPast3
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your speedy response. 

If virgin know there's a backlog... Maybe TELL US? I've waited almost double the promised time without even an email explaining why. 

Regarding the fact that I AM being capped. I appreciate everyone is working from home. And when I was on M100 (throughout lockdown 1 and 2)... I got that speed all the time, without Abby drops. Since "upgrading" to M200... I would accept dropping from 200 to the 150 during peak hours. But literally HALF the speed down and up for more than 70% of the week? How can that be explained? Even had an engineer out to see that the speed is slow. Couldn't be explained as all cables are fine. 

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Speed isn't prioritized to customers based on their package, its literally a free for all to get whats available on the network.

When you was on M100 the issues would of still existed but wouldn't of been much of an issues as the congestion levels where hovering around the top end of your package anyway.

A note to add that in the latest knockdown there was a wider introduction of schooling from home using services such as google classroom, there was a drive in equipment for this being made available to kids and to top this off we've just come out of Christmas where everybody favored internet connected devices to stay in touch and entertained, (Tablets, Games consoles, TV's, Laptops, Webcams) this has lead to extra bandwidth requirements on networks and also newer kit (such as smartphones) with better cameras make for more upload usage due to higher quality video feeds.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos