cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird realspeed results

DigitalDreams
On our wavelength

Some days, all is fine with our 1gig connection via a new hub4. The next day it's weirdly 1/10th to device over cat6a ethernet !!

For example, right now Samknows realspeed shows 1139Mbps to router, 27.7Mbps to device. Hub4 control panel shows pc connected at 1000Mbps and the inbuilt diagnostic tool reports no problem with the ethernet and hub temperature is fine (mounted an inch above the carpet)

Is realspeed giving misleading results ?. 

Broadbandspeedtest.org 897.87 Mbps (to pc !!)

Speedtest.net 143Mbps ??

Realspeed again 1137 to router 29.1 TO DEVICE !?!?

No there's no issue with the high-end pc !. New Cat6a ethernet cable. Intel I225-V Link speed 1000/1000Mbps, driver 1.1.3.34. PC is a high end i9 processor, 32GB ram etc. No software running or in tray. Ping shows 0% packet loss, max 1ms round trip.

I've noticed many times that different Internet speed test sites can give wildly varying results at the same time, Samknows can sometimes not work at all claiming incompatible router, router busy, or the required software isn't even on the router !. Is this just a case of the router being of poor quality in general ?.

4 REPLIES 4

carl_pearce
Community elder

Safe mode ?, this is more an issue with the websites or router/realspeed (is realspeed giving utterly false values on occasion ?). Just ran again (no Safe mode).

Broadbandspeedtest.org.uk - 922.44Mbps
Speedtest.net - 855.49Mbps
Realspeed - 849Mbps to router, 904Mbps to PC

All singing a similar tune this time yet Realspeed thinks I'm getting more to my pc than its getting itself from the net !

When it drops again (Realspeed to pc) I'll try safe mode for the hell if it.

@DigitalDreams wrote:

Safe mode ?, this is more an issue with the websites or router/realspeed (is realspeed giving utterly false values on occasion ?). Just ran again (no Safe mode).

Broadbandspeedtest.org.uk - 922.44Mbps
Speedtest.net - 855.49Mbps
Realspeed - 849Mbps to router, 904Mbps to PC

All singing a similar tune this time yet Realspeed thinks I'm getting more to my pc than its getting itself from the net !

When it drops again (Realspeed to pc) I'll try safe mode for the hell if it.

Trying to rule out any software issues, which has been the cause of slow speeds for others.

Speed looks good your speed can change if their is not enough bandwidth.
---------------------------------------------------------------