cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web pages slow to load, part load and either stop or take up to 10 seconds

jandacooper
Up to speed

This particularly affects the more video based pages like media. I've reset and checked everything, and we had an issue locally (ST1) repaired a couple of days ago, but this has been an issue for some time. There are a week of 'works' scheduled from the 7th march, apparently. Very tedious.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, will do.

This issue persists, sadly. Resetting the hub doesn't take me back to consistently loading pages. Any other suggestions?

Hi @jandacooper

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Upon calling the Area faults line, was you made aware of any potential issues in your area? Can you have another quick check now for me please?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi no faults, VM doing work on the network in our area tomorrow, just had confirmation by text. Testing via the VM site suggests that my hub isn't connecting properly, and even in the same room as it there seem to be blank spots - even when its in line of sight a few feet away.

I have reset the hub several times, and the problem won't go away.

If I turn off the wifi and connect by ethernet cable, the pages still take longer to load than they used to, and sometimes just stall completely with the progress bar less that a quarter of the way across.

It looks like the problem is persistent, and inconsistent, if you will.

This is the speedtest I have just carried out

PING ms
DOWNLOAD Mbps
UPLOAD Mbps

Connections
Multi

Virgin Media

Then a second: with the same company 
DOWNLOAD Mbps
UPLOAD Mbps

Connections
Multi

Virgin Media

and a third with a different tester returned (can't copy/pront it)

Internet speed test 84.2 and 9.87.

Cheers
015102050100+
Megabits per second

+
Megabits per second

PS I have (again) today called 150 and they have reportedly sent a signal to my hub, and asked me to unplug and then leave it, restarting after a few minutes then monitor it for a day or two - that's the latest position.

It doesn't seem to have altered the situation so far!

Thanks to all

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jandacooper,

Thank you for coming back to us about your ongoing Hub issue. I understand that this must be frustrating for you.

After running some checks on our systems, I can see that your Hub is showing as "Unreachable" on our side. I can also see some power levels being quite out of spec. Unfortunately, I'm unable to resolve this issue remotaly and in order to have this resolved, we'd possibly need to arrange for a technician appointment to visit your property. 

I will send you a Private Message, so please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Thanks - I await your reply. If you need to arrange an engineer visit, please avoid the period between Saturday 19th March and Saturday 26th March. Anytime this current week until Friday is good. William.

Sorry for the delay, our mains electricity has been off since 0900 today.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jandacooper,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message. I did take a deeper look into your equipment and it does seem that everything is working as it should be, now that your Hub is back online.

Please keep an eye on your connection over the next few days and come back to us if you need any further assistance. 🙂 We'll be happy to help.

Thank you! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team